Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The perfect boat/your opinion?

Bradley Thornton

Give your perfect boat and why.

Well got me a new to me boat I had a budget of $90k but just could spend that much.

Ended up with a to me the perfect boat.     WHY?

2007 VLX (Just always thought this was the perfect year)

1 its 21ft any longer and I feel like people are sitting to far apart and can't have the personal connection.

2 2007 was the last year of the switches/ before MUX and all the $2k electric parts.

3 The V25 hull is just a great hull 

4 has front factory ballast (Yes still needs lead)

5 Can get in power wedge (I have the floating wedge)

6 Had the Cats I know some like the 2006 better due to not having them but I like having them.

7 Illusion tower as much as I like the newer towers it was a great tower as far as you can stand under it with the canvas open. 

8 with the use of adding a new style surf system it make a great surf wave,  and lets be real only about 1% of the world needs more wakeboard wake then you can get with it. again V25

Don't get me wrong we can add a newer Axis to this list for sure as for all the things I pointed out but not at the price I got the VLX.  If I couldn't find a clean 2006 or 2007 VLX it would have been an AXIS

I was also looking at the new boats and in the end just could not stomach having a payment even if it was small and for 10-15 years.  So I sold my 2002 LSV for more than I paid for it a few years ago and found a reasonable 2011 VLX with 250 hours and one owner.  The display was replaced and boat is immaculate.  I pick it up tomorrow.  Will attach pics.  The 23 LSV was a great boat but I did not like carpet in the lockers that always stayed wet.  We never had over 10 ppl in the boat so the VLX is perfect for us.  Tower has swivel racks that are so much better and power wedge.  I might add infinity tabs or go surf as needed.  Boat 43K and new 2019 Boatmate Malibu trailer 5K.  All in 48K.  Sold 2002 23 LSV for 30K.  So I am upgrading a bit.  Some people around here are asking 40-50K for 2006-2008 Malibu boats.  I think I did well.  I will let you know if it is my perfect boat after some use.  I did lots of research and was about to pull the trigger on an Axis or 2019 VLX.  Perfect boat really depends on budget.  The new ones are very nice but under 50K is what I ended up looking for. 

Edited by JLT3
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, JLT3 said:

I was also looking at the new boats and in the end just could not stomach having a payment even if it was small and for 10-15 years.  So I sold my 2002 LSV for more than I paid for it a few years ago and found a reasonable 2011 VLX with 250 hours and one owner.  The display was replaced and boat is immaculate.  I pick it up tomorrow.  Will attach pics.  The 23 LSV was a great boat but I did not like carpet in the lockers that always stayed wet.  We never had over 10 ppl in the boat so the VLX is perfect for us.  Tower has swivel racks that are so much better and power wedge.  I might add infinity tabs or go surf as needed.  Boat 43K and new 2019 Boatmate Malibu trailer 5K.  All in 48K.  Sold 2002 23 LSV for 30K.  So I am upgrading a bit.  Some people around here are asking 40-50K for 2006-2008 Malibu boats.  I think I did well.  I will let you know if it is my perfect boat after some use.  I did lots of research and was about to pull the trigger on an Axis or 2019 VLX.  Perfect boat really depends on budget.  The new ones are very nice but under 50K is what I ended up looking for. 

you got a great deal on a great boat.

I'm on my third season with my 2011 VLX. I love the boat. I just added infinity wave system and I cant say enough good things about it. In addition to stock ballast I have added 3 reversible pumps and switches so I can add 1500 more pounds with a touch of a button.

I have a set of old fake gates (modified wicked wake off my old 2004) that strap on and work great but kind of bulky. Vary cheap. PM me if your interested.