Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

94 Echelon Windshield HELP!

Hit a large wake on the river and the boat came down hard.   The center walkthrough windshield was open when we went over the bump.  Now the windshield won’t close.  Upon inspection the windshield base is popped out of the track.   Any advice on how to get it back in the track with all seals intact would be greatly appreciated.    

8D4E242F-7021-4B37-A287-A50A94AA61DB.jpeg

5D06CB77-E43B-4FD5-B55A-34681D6D22FA.jpeg

3AF207DD-FAF0-4927-AD94-A79818D7E977.jpeg

I'm doing more research and it seems that the windshield overflexed.  Now the question is how to get it back without adding more stress to the glass.   

Thanks, I had a helpful conversation with Taylor Made.  Turns out the stress was most likely caused by the Bimini top pulling on the glass when the boat came down hard.  Will need to remove the frame and reseat the window.  There are some rivets that will need to be drilled out.  Using soap should help with seating the gasket.  

I undid the screws that held the window to the boat then used dish soap to gently coax the seal and glass back into place.  Thankfully it worked and everything is put back together.  Time to take the boat back out on the water but leave the bimini at home.  

• Like 2