Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

VLX Prop Choice 2019

Try2paz

So my 2019 VLX has the PCM 409 with the 1.48 trans.

It currently has a Gen 3 OJ 951 prop:

Diameter: 14″Pitch: 15″Blades: 4

Rotation: Left HandBore: 1-1/8″Cup: 0.125″

Wakemakers suggests the Acme 2247 

Diameter15"

Pitch14.25"

Cup.150"

Shaft1-1/8" - Left

I'm adding a .25 more pitch and .25 cup?

Thoughts? Looking for a little more help on surfing without loosing to much top end. My wife likes to SKI.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

And this is why I created my Acme prop guide years ago:

Your current prop is likely performing somewhere between a 2391 and a 2249.  Going to a 2247 will not help with additional pulling power.

In your case, I would recommend the 2773.  More pulling power but you can still easily ski with it.  That was my small lake (which I use all the time except on vacation) prop; overkill for my boat/motor but saves me fuel on small lakes and is easier on the motor.  I could easily ski on it without reving to the moon as well.  I unfortunately destroyed that prop, wasn't repairable and they only had a 2775 in stock, which I don't like as well (way too much power for my needs).