Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SPN 94 FMI 4 Code

I have a 2013 Response TXI with the indmar Monsoon engine.  I got the SPN 94 code last year and ended up taking it to a dealer.  They could not find anything and just reset the fault codes.  Worked for a while but the SPN 94 FMI 4 Code has been showing up for over a month now.  I called Indmar and they told me to change the fuel pressure sensor but that did not fix it.  Also said it maybe the fuel pump?? Engine runs fine and doesn\t seem to be starving for fuel at any point.  Really frustrating to get the beep every 5 minutes.  Also, the code always shows as inactive.  Any idea what could be the root cause?

1 minute ago, jloven said:

I am not sure, I do not have a fuel pressure gauge on the boat.  Is there a way to install one in place of the sensor?

You attach one to the fuel rail schrader valve.  You can buy a fuel pressure guage at any auto parts store or amazon.  I prefer the style with a purge valve/line.

9 minutes ago, csleaver said:

Most engines that have fuel pressure sensors allow diagnostic software like Diacom to read the fuel pressure from the ECM, but a mechanical fuel gauge will also tell you if that sensor and the ECM data are correct.

Yes, but I figured he wanted a $20 solution - not an $800 solution ;)