Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Winterizing help identifying hoses

Firstly i can see water in the clear hose (in the 2nd picture) , it connects to the vdrive. Do i need to drain this?

I cannot find the heater hoses, would they be on any of these pictures? Would anyone have a picture of there location?

Thanks

Ryan

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

@Manitoba

On my 2008 Monsoon, those clear hoses go to the dripless shaft seal and I've never removed those for winterization.

My heater hoses are together on the driver's side and I can see where they come out from under the floor in the engine compartment. Yours might be different than mine but one hose connects up high on the engine block under the intake plenum and the other hose is connected to a wye fitting in the hose just below the cooler (not sure if it is oil or transmission) shown in the first pic.

@oldjeep can probably tell you in his sleep.

The heater hoses attach to the left side of the engine water pump (circulating pump) and the top front left of the engine as you are looking at the pulleys on the engine.  They will be the only 5/8" hoses you see in that area.  (Front meaning the side of the engine with the pulleys - back of boat in a V drive)

Edited by oldjeep