Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Evolution boat covers

fishermen1918

So I wanted to give props to Cory from evolution boat covers.

Boat cover made approximately two years ago. Fitsgreat!!!

I wanted a few modifications this past spring ... Which were done again excellent workmanship however my wife ran into my boat/cover. ( new cover) 
Yep ripped the cover.. I know stuff happens but (seriously) lollll 

Again thanks Cory pleasure

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Does Cory use a different email than the [email protected] one?  If so could someone please P/M it to me?  I left a voice mail and sent an email to that address a few days ago but have not heard back.  I'm trying to get on the build schedule for a new Echelon cover.

7 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

Does Cory use a different email than the [email protected] one?  If so could someone please P/M it to me?  I left a voice mail and sent an email to that address a few days ago but have not heard back.  I'm trying to get on the build schedule for a new Echelon cover.

Don't forget to get your discount also.

On 10/9/2020 at 6:26 PM, Kojak said:

Give him a call, 

425-478-2043.

I just talked to him two days ago.

On 10/9/2020 at 7:39 PM, Bradley Thornton said:

Don't forget to get your discount also.

Thanks guys, I'll call him tomorrow.

• 1 year later...

I think it depends a lot on what you want out of your cover.  If you do a lot of trailering, I think Cory’s covers are a little better.  They don’t need the “Hangtyte” system like the OEMs.  However the OEM covers are a bit better for mooring in my opinion and have the zipped areas to get to your cleats and gas tank which I don’t think Cory’s covers have.

• Like 1

If you have custom requests the sky is the limit on what Cory could sew into your cover.  I customized mine by having him sew some red sunbrella into the nose when I ordered it ~10 years ago so I could find the front when it was all rolled up.  

On 11/5/2021 at 11:10 PM, martinarcher said:

If you have custom requests the sky is the limit on what Cory could sew into your cover.  I customized mine by having him sew some red sunbrella into the nose when I ordered it ~10 years ago so I could find the front when it was all rolled up.  

Great idea!

On 11/5/2021 at 9:10 PM, martinarcher said:

Corey has built me a couple as well.  Made the underside of my nose blue last time as well.  Way easier to find the front!

On 11/5/2021 at 6:23 PM, MTBoy said:

I think it depends a lot on what you want out of your cover.  If you do a lot of trailering, I think Cory’s covers are a little better.  They don’t need the “Hangtyte” system like the OEMs.  However the OEM covers are a bit better for mooring in my opinion and have the zipped areas to get to your cleats and gas tank which I don’t think Cory’s covers have.

After discussing my needs with my boat that is always on a lift and never on a trailer, Cory discouraged me from his covers.  He steered me towards another that is easier to cover from inside the boat on a lift and dock instead of his own cover.  Good dude.

3 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

After discussing my needs with my boat that is always on a lift and never on a trailer, Cory discouraged me from his covers.  He steered me towards another that is easier to cover from inside the boat on a lift and dock instead of his own cover.  Good dude.

He’s also got so much work right now, he can barely keep up! Good on him for not being greedy. 

Yep, I checked with him this week.  The current lead time is 1 year.  He is a good man as far as I can tell.

Edited by DarenCunningham
17 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

He's one of the best.  

On 11/9/2021 at 2:24 PM, Michigan boarder said:

What did you end up with?

17 hours ago, mcm29 said:

What did you end up with?

A donor cover and 6 tin cans of deliciousness from a fellow crew member!  And then I found a canopy for my lift with a new cover 3 blocks down the road, so I used that all year and didn't even use the donor cover.  By the way, Cory recommended Mike from skiboatcovers.com.