Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23LSV Surf Setup

eubanks

How are you guys running your 23 LSV’s for surfing?  We’ve been running 10.7 with full ballast w/ PNP and about 300 lbs of lead in the bow with wedge on ramp. The wave is really good, but looking at pics and videos of other’s boats, ours seems much taller and shorter. Generally speaking I know either adding more bow weight or dumping rear weight should lengthen the wave, but I’m just curious exactly how you all are setting up yours. @Murphy8166 @Ronnie?

19 hours ago, Ronnie said:

We just run factory preset for ballast but 11.0 mph. No extra weight unless just two of us. With a 600 lb bag in the walkway, it’s better. 

Front and center full, rear's (with Pnp) around 75%  Wedge 3 clicks from ramp.  11.0.  Sometimes I run 200 pounds in the observers locker, but not really needed for a great wave.  I know the wave is "right" when we are turning 3600 RPM .  If the RPMs are higher I drain the rears till the RPMs (and nose) come down.  If the RPMs are lower I add more water to the rear.  Great consistent wave every time.

Here is a video of my wave: 

Edited by gregtay
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 10:13 AM, eubanks said:

How are you guys running your 23 LSV’s for surfing?  We’ve been running 10.7 with full ballast w/ PNP and about 300 lbs of lead in the bow with wedge on ramp. The wave is really good, but looking at pics and videos of other’s boats, ours seems much taller and shorter. Generally speaking I know either adding more bow weight or dumping rear weight should lengthen the wave, but I’m just curious exactly how you all are setting up yours. @Murphy8166 @Ronnie?

Ballast at 100%.  Wedge at 2 or 3 and speed anywhere from 10.8 to 11.2.  I run lead b/c it makes a better wake and we typically only have 1 adult and 2 young kids when riding in my scenario.  Lead is as follows: 250 in observers compartment, 100 in the walkway leading up to bow and 50 lbs under drivers feet.

Let that Big Dog Eat - Eubanks - I'd start by increasing the amount force the Wedge can create and bumping up the speed.

Why don't we go mess around with it one weekend???  I'll buy the gas!

4 minutes ago, Murphy8166 said:

Ballast at 100%.  Wedge at 2 or 3 and speed anywhere from 10.8 to 11.2.  I run lead b/c it makes a better wake and we typically only have 1 adult and 2 young kids when riding in my scenario.  Lead is as follows: 250 in observers compartment, 100 in the walkway leading up to bow and 50 lbs under drivers feet.

Let that Big Dog Eat - Eubanks - I'd start by increasing the amount force the Wedge can create and bumping up the speed.

Why don't we go mess around with it one weekend???  I'll buy the gas!

I’m down man!  Let’s do it. Sounds like speed will help us lengthen that wake. Thanks for all the input. 

11.5, wedge at 3, all tanks full with pnp bags at 100% on the left and around 50% on the right.  We have 250lbs of lead upfront tucked away. Wave always looks great with plenty of push.

2 hours ago, ctvandy23 said:

11.5, wedge at 3, all tanks full with pnp bags at 100% on the left and around 50% on the right.  We have 250lbs of lead upfront tucked away. Wave always looks great with plenty of push.

Guessing it looks a lot like this with that setup.

48B89203-4E2B-41B6-BC4D-7A649DD22996.thumb.jpeg.a3149cd6d24b669bac1b61c0b5fa85c6.jpeg

• Like 2
On 9/13/2020 at 5:35 PM, ctvandy23 said:

When surfing right do you fill the rest of the right rear ballast or leave it at 50%?

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2020 at 9:05 PM, gregtay said:

Front and center full, rear's (with Pnp) around 75%  Wedge 3 clicks from ramp.  11.0.  Sometimes I run 200 pounds in the observers locker, but not really needed for a great wave.  I know the wave is "right" when we are turning 3600 RPM .  If the RPMs are higher I drain the rears till the RPMs (and nose) come down.  If the RPMs are lower I add more water to the rear.  Great consistent wave every time.

Here is a video of my wave: 

@gregtay what lake is that?

16 hours ago, cf250 said:

@gregtay what lake is that?

Columbia River/Lake Entiat (That was Labor Day weekend... and that was the choppiest water we saw all weekend, most of the time it was dead flat.)  The below photo was Saturday around 2pm..yes, it is that flat all day! (unless the winds pick up, which they did on Monday night after we left... and those are the winds that lit the western US on fire :-O)

LRsun.thumb.JPG.aa04e6df36b0efda8da7fc9054913616.JPG