Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 Sunsetter No power to fuel pump

Hi everyone, I've got a 2000 Sunsetter and the fuel pump has no power to it. I've run the wires back and it appears the power comes through the 3 pin pressure switch. The pump spins fine and the wires are good but no power coming through. any suggestions where the problem could be?? None of the breakers have tripped. Could it be in the starter? Thanks - I hope :) 

I'm a bit confused why you would think it might be the starter does it crank?

The above 2 suggestions are the 1st 2 places I'd check.  Also here is a good document:

What engine?  I would assume the monsoon 320, but Malibu still offered the base carbed engine in 2000 so that would be completely different to troubleshoot.

that 3 pinned oil pressure switch you mention is on the carbed boats are known to go bad.  Napa has the replacements for about $10

Edited by cla10beck

Thanks everyone. I'll play with all those options. It's a carby model. The engine still cranks but no priming on the pump. i'll check the oil pressure switch too plus the other options.

this is a great forum. happy skiing

2 hours ago, James555 said:

Thanks everyone. I'll play with all those options. It's a carby model. The engine still cranks but no priming on the pump. i'll check the oil pressure switch too plus the other options.

this is a great forum. happy skiing

No cannon plug on a carb motor.

I had the same problem with the oil pressure switch every year after start up, if I tapped it with a wrench it would work for the rest of the year. That was on the old 99 Moomba.