Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Disguise a Hole in Seat Back Rest

Thrash91019

I have a small tear in the top of the backrest on my new boat. I am trying to think of ways I can disguise or cover it. While its only an inch long, it drives me nuts. I was thinking of maybe trying to recess in a stereo remote or USB charger or .....?

Has anyone tried this with success?  What did you use.  I attached an image in the link.  The hole is sort of visible, top of the backrest, a few inches left of the pole.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Rn9i8wTn67YavaeQA 

Are you close to your dealer?  We just had 3 patched by our dealer and you can’t tell now. They have a vinyl repair shop come in as needed and maybe your dealer has a similar arrangement. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Thrash91019 said:

I have a small tear in the top of the backrest on my new boat. I am trying to think of ways I can disguise or cover it. While its only an inch long, it drives me nuts. I was thinking of maybe trying to recess in a stereo remote or USB charger or .....?

Has anyone tried this with success?  What did you use.  I attached an image in the link.  The hole is sort of visible, top of the backrest, a few inches left of the pole.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Rn9i8wTn67YavaeQA 

27 minutes ago, eubanks said:

Are you close to your dealer?  We just had 3 patched by our dealer and you can’t tell now. They have a vinyl repair shop come in as needed and maybe your dealer has a similar arrangement. 

By his photo, shows he's in my town, Waterford. Which is 5 miles from Tommys. 
@Thrash91019 if you haven't been there since not being Skiers Pier, I highly recommend them. 

What lake are you on? 
I'm on Loon. 

37 minutes ago, Ryan1776 said:

By his photo, shows he's in my town, Waterford. Which is 5 miles from Tommys. 
@Thrash91019 if you haven't been there since not being Skiers Pier, I highly recommend them. 

What lake are you on? 
I'm on Loon. 

I am on middles straights lake. It had already been repaired once before, which is why i am trying to find a cool way to cover it

Is it right below the Malibu logo?  Hard to tell by the pic.  

If so, could you make an oval trim ring the logo sits into that is about an inch or what it would take past the edge of the Bu logo to cover the bad spot?