Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 25 LSV - a few questions

RedBu

New to the forum, just bought a 2017 25 LSV.

4F51BA6E-B2BC-4DEB-A5B4-F23B05CF95F9.jpeg.cecf9e57318711c15cd71269a1df1c95.jpeg

I have a few questions:

1). I don’t think it has the automatic fire suppression option, and I don’t see a fire extinguisher anywhere. What do you all prefer for a fire extinguisher, and where do you mount it?

2). I’m already tired of pulling the skis from the port side ski locker.  I’d like to add a second set of forks for skis so they can stay out of the locker.  What would you suggest?

3). My boys say the skiing wake is bigger and steeper on one side.  What would be the best way to even it out?  Move crew to the opposite side (where the smaller wake is)?  Add some hard tank ballast on one side?

4).  I’ve already added three BoatBuckles to the trailer, and plan on buying the WakeMaker PnP’s for the rear lockers.  What other mods would you say you can’t live without?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

34 minutes ago, RedBu said:

New to the forum, just bought a 2017 25 LSV.

4F51BA6E-B2BC-4DEB-A5B4-F23B05CF95F9.jpeg.cecf9e57318711c15cd71269a1df1c95.jpeg

I have a few questions:

1). I don’t think it has the automatic fire suppression option, and I don’t see a fire extinguisher anywhere. What do you all prefer for a fire extinguisher, and where do you mount it?

2). I’m already tired of pulling the skis from the port side ski locker.  I’d like to add a second set of forks for skis so they can stay out of the locker.  What would you suggest?

3). My boys say the skiing wake is bigger and steeper on one side.  What would be the best way to even it out?  Move crew to the opposite side (where the smaller wake is)?  Add some hard tank ballast on one side?

4).  I’ve already added three BoatBuckles to the trailer, and plan on buying the WakeMaker PnP’s for the rear lockers.  What other mods would you say you can’t live without?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

WELCOME!!!

Novi! I'm 20min from you in Waterford. Did you get it from Tommys or private? 

Love the colors. 

Anyway....

1-No automatic. I'd be real surprised if it didn't come with a fire extinguisher. Which does lead me to believe it didn't come from a dealer. My 2010 has it mounted right next to my right foot in front of the cup holders. If it did come from a dealer, I'd contact them about it. 

2-They make nice clamps for waterskis. Someone else will have to chime in what company makes some that will look best. But they're definitely out there.  

3-Yes. Your theory is correct on fixing the larger wake. I'd choose moving people vs adding weight, it will also add to the smaller side as opposed to just leveling out. The torque from the prop rotation will cause one side to be a bit larger than the other.  I'm sure you know, but a 25 isn't going to be "wakeless" for skiing! :lol: 

4-WakeMakers PNP are great. Easy and made to fit. Worth it. As far as other upgrades. Hard to say for me. My 2010 didn't have a lot of bells that I added over the past few years. I added Wetsounds MC1, transom remote, sub, Wetwounds tower speakers (6x9), made and built custom surfgate (GPS controlled), FAE. Most of which your boat probably came with. 

However one of the best things I've ever done to a boat was adding a heater. 
If it doesn't have a heater, that would be my number one upgrade. 
I didn't buy it from HeaterCraft as it was almost twice as much as piecing it together. 
If you don't have a heater, I'll outline what/where I bought stuff. 

Have fun in the next 3 weeks...it's already getting cooler. 

Edited by Ryan1776

Thanks Ryan1776.  We’re heading out to Cass Lake later this morning for some skiing and surfing.  Gotta take advantage of the season while it lasts!

I bought the boat from a broker.

It does have heater vents in various areas, which we’ll probably try out today.

3 minutes ago, RedBu said:

Thanks Ryan1776.  We’re heading out to Cass Lake later this morning for some skiing and surfing.  Gotta take advantage of the season while it lasts!

I bought the boat from a broker.

It does have heater vents in various areas, which we’ll probably try out today.

Good deal! Cass lake; It's probably cool enough that all the drunk idiots won't be out, so you'll have a good time! :D 

You'll love the heater. It's extended the season a month on both ends. 

Have fun! 

Edited by Ryan1776