Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My Beloved Witness is Dying - Help Picking a New One

Slurpee

A couple too many rough landings and my beloved 2008 LF Witness has an unrepairable crack.  It's heavy, but I always keep coming back to it, and last night was it's last run.  I like how easy it is to break free and slide but transition back to an edge.  Landings were okay.  The rails and lip are my favorite features.  It's a little tail heavy but I was used to that.

The new board I have right now that I don't like and want to sell is a Ronix Space Blanket Air Core.  I love the Ronix One bindings so I'd like to stay with a board that'll take those bindings.  I don't like the Space Blanket though.  I've put enough time into it now that I know it's just not the rust on my skills.  It's just not what I find fun.  It's slower with more drag in the water than I like and I haven't learned to like it despite trying.  It also feels rougher in even a little chop.  I like how it launches, but not how it lands.

I was thinking the 2021 Parks might be right.  Continuous instead of 3-stage.  Y'all who're still wakeboarding and keeping up with innovations and board styles I hope read this and offer up some opinions.  What's a good direction for my next board?  Keep in mind I'm only a little better than a beginner.  Wake to wakes both directions, the occasional 180, lots of slides and surface skim stuff and skateboard tricks.  But no big air.  No Inverts or off-axis. 

2019.  I picked it up last fall on clearance.  I also picked up a LF Aero Remedy.  The board may have been great but the Riot bindings didn’t fit me quite as well as the RXT bindings.  I ended up selling the LF.