Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stereo cutting out under throttle 2015 VLX

t a

Just recently, my stereo started cutting in and out, mainly under throttle.  Any volume, any source doesn’t matter.  If I’m at idle or parked with the engine off, it usually works fine.  Did not see any corrosion on batteries or loose connections at amps or under dash.  Any thoughts? 

49 minutes ago, t a said:

Just recently, my stereo started cutting in and out, mainly under throttle.  Any volume, any source doesn’t matter.  If I’m at idle or parked with the engine off, it usually works fine.  Did not see any corrosion on batteries or loose connections at amps or under dash.  Any thoughts? 

what does the dash voltage read when you turn on key/dash but not start it?

have you looked at amp LED to see if they are orange instead of blue/purple which means protect mode or orsnge flashing tells you what channel by number of flashes 

long winded comments/questions to say what about those old batteries you keep charging  ?

30 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

what does the dash voltage read when you turn on key/dash but not start it?

have you looked at amp LED to see if they are orange instead of blue/purple which means protect mode or orsnge flashing tells you what channel by number of flashes 

long winded comments/questions to say what about those old batteries you keep charging  ?

Dash voltage is 14.3-14.4 when running.  Prob 12.5 when parked which seems normal.  Amps were all lit blue, did not seem to be in protect mode  at all.  Was not playing stereo loud (maybe half volume) and it was not hot outside either.  Batteries are optima blue tops original to the boat In 2015 and they are always on a smart charger when at home.  With the voltage the way it is, I don’t believe they are the problem.

• Like 1

Also don’t appear to have any other issues with accessories/pumps or screen flashing etc.  Top middle screen will flash occasionally when voltage is lower (parked) But lower right screen doesn’t ever have issues.

If my batteries were bad causing the alternator to put out too much voltage, would the amps be going into protect mode?  I was planning on having batteries tested but not if this was the case.