Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer...

IXFE

Anybody looking forward to this rig?  Looks pretty good. By far the biggest Mopar SUV I’ve ever seen. Looks like a true 1/2 ton. I wonder if they’ll make a long wheelbase version.

I’ll take mine in Trackhawk trim! 

8BEE2493-506E-41DF-B8D2-5C2D37FE9D22.thumb.jpeg.cb51167af4c190f3ee9ee2ef12bbc885.jpeg

339D0015-9FDE-4374-A0E4-C268FB4D38A2.thumb.jpeg.545ac37b7b1cac152e5c3fafa1505387.jpeg

F74B3377-4E78-4013-AC98-5CDF4985F9BE.thumb.jpeg.36b445cea36816c5927f830d948ac132.jpeg

BDA9C47B-D2A8-4512-91F9-43F2A296A69C.thumb.jpeg.06f62ff583cdec2203f7b26df98592c2.jpeg

5E050828-DEEA-44DE-B5DA-8C02E0550CAC.thumb.jpeg.f3f91148fabcaa6b07d5860fc8c8c234.jpeg

When I saw the picture I thought - they just stuck a jeep badge on a Durango.  But regardless if it has the standard Ram/Jeep drivetrains available, it ought to sell. 

This says 2 lengths 60K base for the short one and 65K base for the suburban sized one.  75K/80K base for the grand wagoneer trim

Which seems high, but Ram/Jeep don't tend to make stripped vehicles at the low end of the spectrum. (And they don't seem to actually sell stuff anywhere near MSRP)

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-jeep-wagoneer-and-grand-wagoneer-pricing-cost/

Edited by oldjeep
45 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

When I saw the picture I thought - they just stuck a jeep badge on a Durango.

I thought that too, but that side pic looks bigger than a Durango, makes me wonder if it’s Ram based (ie true half ton). 

4 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I thought that too, but that side pic looks bigger than a Durango, makes me wonder if it’s Ram based (ie true half ton). 

Pretty sure they confirmed it's ram based.  Built in the same factory as the Ram.  Wonder if an EcoDiesel will be a choice?

Think it is supposed to compete with Yukon Denali and Navigators; I bet fully loaded it will brush $100k sticker...

• Like 2

Lots of talk about how fine it is but not much yet on the drivetrain, nothing on tow capacity.  There is mention of a $100K price tag for the top trim levels.  

More to come.  I would be interested in how it compares to the new GM line up.  In a few years electrics will be on the market, what is FCA’s plan for that competition?

• 2 months later...

I am a General Manager of a Jeep Ram store. There still is not much official  information on the Grand Wagoneer. It is true to be same size as Tahoe and Suburban as well as built on the Ram Chassis. I’ve been told it’s more than a year from being in our showroom. The highest trim levels will be in excess of $90k. They will offer The Grand Wagoneer, which is the long version and the Wagoneer that is the Tahoe size. They are also in the process of building a third row Grand Cherokee that will be out later this year. It’s a great time to be in the Jeep business. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 6:30 AM, Malibumichigan23 said:

I am a General Manager of a Jeep Ram store. There still is not much official  information on the Grand Wagoneer. It is true to be same size as Tahoe and Suburban as well as built on the Ram Chassis. I’ve been told it’s more than a year from being in our showroom. The highest trim levels will be in excess of $90k. They will offer The Grand Wagoneer, which is the long version and the Wagoneer that is the Tahoe size. They are also in the process of building a third row Grand Cherokee that will be out later this year. It’s a great time to be in the Jeep business. 

I'm ready to write a check for this thing to replace my Durango SRT.  If when it finally comes out and I am disappointed in the final spec/features then I will end up with either the Taheo (really want the gadgets of the Escalade.. but just have a hard time going there), a RAM TRX or a Durango Hellcat.  Ready now.. but figured I might as well wait till everything is out and on the market so I can compare and pick the one I like the most... right now the Wagoneer is my top pick for checking all the boxes (IF they put a good motor in it! and it had a decent tow rating.)

On 12/6/2020 at 9:30 AM, Malibumichigan23 said:

I agree.  The investment in the local manufacturing facilities here in the D supports this.