Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to me 2008 WS 247 finally on the water 4 questions

Thank you for the help so far lot's of great tips, we launched the boat today and it didn't SINK!!

In all seriousness she has great bones and not much to complain about except these 3 things:

1. Off off idle in gear there is a detente?  or at least I feel one then if you push the throttle forward it tries to ride on this detente and then go above 10mph not a smooth transition?  Is this normal?

2. At idle there is a noticeable "lope" almost like a bent prop shaft but not in gear, in gear slightly is it the same but very smooth at speed no shimmy(brand new prop too). Does the 383 have a big CAM and this in idle lope?

3. At speed while turning the steering is smooth to the left off of center, but to the right it has another "detent" feel it seem to break free and then turn, not like it is stuck but like a dead spot?

4.Is there an auto bilge while in a slip over night?  My Nautique had a switch but not sure here and I turned the batteries off.

Thanks for the help!

This engine does have a bigger cam and you will notice it at idle and in gear at idle.  See this post.  I do not believe your bilge pump will work with the batteries off.  I would check it though to see if it even works.  Run a hose in the bilge with the batteries on and see if it pumps out the side on its own.  

Thank you very helpful my Nautique I could barely tell was running when it was on so I didn't know if this was normal or not love the boat happy I switched over to Malibu thanks for all the help

Edited by WGjames