Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best ballast configuration for 2019 Axis T23

Worldventurer

Looking for the best ballast configuration for wake surfing on the T23.  Right now we seem to consistently notice that there is a better wave on the right then there is the left with equal ballasts filled. Open to your suggestions.

I have the exact boat. I initially had a hard time setting up my wave but now feel I have it dialed for my liking. Everyone seems to suggest you need loads of bow weight in these boats, but I’ve found the opposite on my 19 t23. I run 750 plug and play bags in the rear. Port side 100% full, starboard 75-50% full. Bow pnp and center full. Speed 11.7-12.0. Wedge 4-6. Small crew I use more wedge. 6+ adults I can get away with wedge setting 4. I’ve found my boat likes more rear weight and more wedge compared to what everyone else has posted. Give it a try 

Giesh164,

What prop and motor are you running?  I haven’t tried going that fast but I will. 

In our 2020 T23 the goofy wave is way better than the port wave. It runs at a lower RPM and requires less wedge to get a good lip. 

Our port wave setup is everything full, 200 lbs of lead in the bow, 100 as far up in the observer compartment, and 250 lbs of lead on the surf side floor in the main cabin. Usually run the wedge at 4 or 5 depending on the crew size. RPMs are around 4200.