Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sportster Gunnel Ski Rack

RAJKD

Hey all!   I am wondering if anyone has more info or could get me some photos of the optional gunnel mounted ski rack in the Sportsters.   From everything I have found it was an option, would like to make or get some for mine but can only find photos in the brochures.  

• 4 months later...

So thought I would give back to the community as I noticed this thread - I took a quick pic of mine while removing all of my upholstery to be redone.  Essentially the dealer here in Dallas had ordered a couple of them around 2005 and the individual backed out.  He sold me one of them for what I believe was around $85 installed.  It only holds one slalom ski but does a fairly good job of it.  I think they discontinued making them long ago as I actually looked for another one about 10 years ago. https://imgur.com/a/aTNWkrG

• 1 month later...

I made a hanger on my 01 vlx in that space  towards the top and hang my ski with boot pointing down. I took out the upholstery  panel That is there in the vlx and set it aside. I also have room there to add a combo pair as well without interfering but have not Made any holders and placed them there yet. 

Edited by williemon