Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Foil board suggestion

Molarroller

Just tried foiling for the first time last week.  A buddy let me borrow his board for a few days.  Seems like something that would be fun to add to the equation.  He had a slingshot with the gamma 68 front foil.  It seemed hard to stay on the second wave back with it.  My son did for awhile but was really pumping a lot.  Is it advisable to go with a bigger foil like the infinity 76 for more cruising capability?  Any brands that people like?  I am about 185lbs. 

At least the 76. I have 76 and am 175+/- and it works well for me but if I could choose from scratch I’d get the 84 and the 71cm mast. Just for more pumping. And I’d probably get a dwarfcraft board too. 

I've ridden the Slingshot with the 76 Infinity for the past couple of years and love it. First, second, third wake, it handles all of them quite well.

I've also ridden wake foils from Go Foil, and Lift, and consider Slingshot to be the best of the bunch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/1/2020 at 7:12 PM, Molarroller said:

Just tried foiling for the first time last week.  A buddy let me borrow his board for a few days.  Seems like something that would be fun to add to the equation.  He had a slingshot with the gamma 68 front foil.  It seemed hard to stay on the second wave back with it.  My son did for awhile but was really pumping a lot.  Is it advisable to go with a bigger foil like the infinity 76 for more cruising capability?  Any brands that people like?  I am about 185lbs. 

What'd you decide? I highly recommend the Armstrong 1550! Can refer you to a dealer for a 5-10% discount if you PM me. 

Edited by Raleigh

I have a brand new slingshot 2020 WF1 board for sale.  You could save hundreds.  That would allow you to pick and choose your mast and wing.  I’m riding a 76 now, but will be moving to the 86 or 99 soon.

1 hour ago, MakeNWaves said:

I have a brand new slingshot 2020 WF1 board for sale.  You could save hundreds.  That would allow you to pick and choose your mast and wing.  I’m riding a 76 now, but will be moving to the 86 or 99 soon.

I like the 2020 WF1 and have one as well. The thing I don't like about it is there are no way to add foot straps too it.