Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another request for a Manual Wedge

CheescDickimus

05 Wakesetter, my Wedge disintegrated over the weekend.

Need a new one as soon as possible.

Amazing that these things break so easily...

I will have a good arm to sell once I get a replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Mine broke today as well.   Any possibility of straightening and rewelding?   I’m in Austin Tx; any assistance would be appreciated.  I think the connection to the boat is ok; the wedge(movable part) is  broken in two places and bent.  

Are Re there boat junk yards where I can get that part off a wrecked boat?  I have a 98 sunsetter lx w manual wedge

• 2 weeks later...

Got my wedge welded, used it today and it’s working fine.  Disappointed in Malibu, I’d say this occurred due to a design flaw.   The screws thru the wing go into the support plates on either side of the wing.  Mine broke right at the bottom of the screw holes in theirs side plates.  Those holes were almost as wide as the side plates so very little material remained and over time it fatigued and broke right at that point