Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Options / Pricing List on 2021 Malibus

cmargosi

Is there anywhere to find pricing on Malibu boats and a list of options besides going to a dealer and specing out a boat?  I would like to get a ballpark on prices, but don't really feel like wasting someone's time configuring one, as I'm unlikely to actually order one at this time.  Anyone have a source for this information besides your local dealer?  I really wish Malibu had a website like competitors that showed MSRP.

35 minutes ago, NWBU said:

I grabbed this build sheet pic with most boxes checked for a 2021 23 LSV from some other thread awhile back. It has the GX tower, so doesn't show the various tower speaker options, and also doesn't have upgraded wheels.

I grabbed this as well.  Great MSRP reference sheet  ;)

1 hour ago, NWBU said:

I grabbed this build sheet pic with most boxes checked for a 2021 23 LSV from some other thread awhile back. It has the GX tower, so doesn't show the various tower speaker options, and also doesn't have upgraded wheels.

274474853_202123LSVbuildsheet.thumb.JPG.71a55dc21a567ee6d769791e630b6bda.JPG

$1700 for the "Mister Misty"  :lol:

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, ORMailbuboater said:

Must be proud of the Malibu stern turn too.  ~$9700.  That and the tower cost shocked me.  

Agreed, when I got my 2020 23 MXZ I was in no way spending 10k on stern turn and 12k on that tower!!  Just seems ridiculous...lol

I put the "Stern Turn" on aftermarket from the same manufacturer (EZ Drive / Yacht Thruster).  The cost of the item, installed by a dealer totaled just under $8,450.  I chose to upgrade to a three battery system to provide extra juice, which was another $1,500.  So in the end, aftermarket it cost around $10k.  I don't know if the factory option includes upgraded battery or alternator, but I imagine it does.  All that being said, it was money well spent IMO.  The Tower does come with the PTM Racks, which I read somewhere is a $4,000 option.  Malibu seems to charge full cost for the PTM Racks giving you no credit for the regular racks that are on a boat.  I think Supra charges like $2 grand for the upgrade.  Definitely a "Malibu" tax on some of these options.  

1 hour ago, wilster said:

$1700 for the "Mister Misty"  :lol:

I got my kid a Mister Misty at Dairy Queen on Sunday night for $4.  I think Malibu is robbing us!! LOL.:biggrin:

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, EchelonMike said:

MSRP or not, the options alone on this 2021 are ~$15K more than my 2008 247 + trailer cost new.  Let that sink in.

Bonus:  The new impellers last 20 minutes.  :-)

Well the impellers definitely don’t Last like my Monsoon 350, but changing one takes my 5 minutes. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, cmargosi said:

They sure are proud of that tower.  

Yes.. but it was worth every penny to me.  I have to get my 23LSV under an 8' door (what is an arch.. with 8' being the high point, the sides are closer to 7') and the G3.5 just didn't work.  The Gx is dead simply, remove the rack, push button, back it into the garage. The other alternative was rebuilding the front of my garage which is brick.  The G5 hopefully solves the issue without the need for the Gx.

11 hours ago, hethj7 said:

Go spec a like for like Nautique, Mastercraft, Centurion, etc. I know prices seem crazy, but it is across all brands.   I find Malibu actually provides great value compared to other brands.   

I was just typing the same.  I feel like we do these type of threads every three months.  Naturally, these seem high when comparing to a 2008....  You think these are high, go look at a build sheet and get a quote in some of these big markets on MC, Supra or a G - you'll be shocked at their pricing.

54 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I was just typing the same.  I feel like we do these type of threads every three months.  Naturally, these seem high when comparing to a 2008....  You think these are high, go look at a build sheet and get a quote in some of these big markets on MC, Supra or a G - you'll be shocked at their pricing.

Good point, they've all gotten really expensive.  We've basically drifted from Malibu to Axis for our next boat because of the expense of the new/newer Malibu boats.  We almost bought an A22 at the show this year.  All white, white tower, power wedge, surfgate/band, SP2, bimini, cover, tan soft grip floor and tan seats with white and black trim...gorgeous.  Boat show price was $86,900 with trailer.  MSRP was $98,300.  Trade in on the 2008 was surprisingly good, too.  I didn't buy it because it had the "old" 409 engine and I wanted the new M5.  :-)  Now that everyone is murdering impellers every 20-30 hours, the 409 would have not been a bad choice after all.  

4 minutes ago, EchelonMike said:

Good point, they've all gotten really expensive.  We've basically drifted from Malibu to Axis for our next boat because of the expense of the new/newer Malibu boats.  We almost bought an A22 at the show this year.  All white, white tower, power wedge, surfgate/band, SP2, bimini, cover, tan soft grip floor and tan seats with white and black trim...gorgeous.  Boat show price was $86,900 with trailer.  MSRP was $98,300.  Trade in on the 2008 was surprisingly good, too.  I didn't buy it because it had the "old" 409 engine and I wanted the new M5.  :-)  Now that everyone is murdering impellers every 20-30 hours, the 409 would have not been a bad choice after all.  

I'll tell you this much. The 23LSV is NOT twice the boat that an A22 is. Maybe I'm biased, but I took a 2021 23LSV out for a day a few weeks ago (first one at the dealership), and while it's nice, it doesn't outperform an A22 in any way. I just don't really "get it" for the most part. The interior is nice, sure. Touchscreens are nice, sure. None of that is worth the price difference of a WHOLE BOAT.

Edited by boardjnky4
8 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

I'll tell you this much. The 23LSV is NOT twice the boat that an A22 is. Maybe I'm biased, but I took a 2021 23LSV out for a day a few weeks ago (first one at the dealership), and while it's nice, it doesn't outperform an A22 in any way. I just don't really "get it" for the most part. The interior is nice, sure. Touchscreens are nice, sure. None of that is worth the price difference of a WHOLE BOAT.

Margins on Malibu are higher so you can discount that boat a LOT more than you can the Axis which doesn't have that flexibility.  While I agree its not twice the boat .. it also isn't nearly twice the price.  Disclaimer: Not in this market ... but some have gotten 30%+ off which is ~70k off that build sheet.  

4 minutes ago, pauley71 said:

Margins on Malibu are higher so you can discount that boat a LOT more than you can the Axis which doesn't have that flexibility.  While I agree its not twice the boat .. it also isn't nearly twice the price.  Disclaimer: Not in this market ... but some have gotten 30%+ off which is ~70k off that build sheet.  

A friend of mine just bought a 23LSV. I have an A22 (granted it's a 19 and prices always go up). He paid twice what I paid for mine, almost to the dollar.

Edited by boardjnky4