Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Babe's boat bright

Meguires Quick detail, available at any auto store, wally mart, or Kmart.

Vinegar and H20 should be only used to remove hard water spots. Once, you get a good wax and use the Meguirs or Babes, etc. It will clean up easier. Then if you get into some hardwater it may just take a few quick squirts of vinegar and H20 to touch up or remove.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addictedto6

• Peacock

• Madmanacrossthewater

• NorCaliBu

WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH USING DISTILLED WHITE VINEAGER

IT'S CERTAINLY THE CHEAPEST. AND IF YOUR IN AND OUT OF THE WATER ALOT

You're right. Don't use Babes. I can't imagine what I was thinking when I said it worked well. Frustrated.gif

Babes works great. We use it every time we pull out. We go thru about 4 gallons a year.

So far no water spots. The boat is as shiny and new looking as the day we brought it home.

• 6 months later...

A package of babes boat bright and babes seat soap came free with my boat, but it havnt used them yet. How much of boat bright do you need to spray each time? I dont want to use to much or to little, this stuff doesnt grow on trees. Has anyone had any experience with Babe's Seat Soap? Would you follow up babes seat soap with 303?

A package of babes boat bright and babes seat soap came free with my boat, but it havnt used them yet. How much of boat bright do you need to spray each time? I dont want to use to much or to little, this stuff doesnt grow on trees. Has anyone had any experience with Babe's Seat Soap? Would you follow up babes seat soap with 303?

I would condition with 303 after cleaning.

vinegar works great and you can get 1 gal. for 1.00 that's 1 dollor and that gal will last for 3 or 4 years, just put it in a spray bottle, spray it on and wipe it off

Seems like the quick detailers do a great job. I've had the same results with Eagle One.

For an end of season wax I've used Turtle Wax Platinum Liquid. Goes on like a dream and better yet, comes off very easily without "any" of the residue that usually goes along with liquid or paste waxes. To me it really makes the boat glow.

Edited by Headhunter 2317

Which Babe's product are you guys using? The wax or polish? I picked some up from the boat show a couple of years back and was a little unimpressed. Maybe I'm using the wrong stuff.

vinegar works great and you can get 1 gal. for 1.00 that's 1 dollor and that gal will last for 3 or 4 years, just put it in a spray bottle, spray it on and wipe it off

But wouldn't it make the boat smell like pickles ? Crazy.gif

Meguires Quick detail, available at any auto store, wally mart, or Kmart.

Vinegar and H20 should be only used to remove hard water spots.  Once, you get a good wax and use the Meguirs or Babes, etc. It will clean up easier.  Then if you get into some hardwater it may just take a few quick squirts of vinegar and H20 to touch up or remove.

Yep, what Stewart said. You can even purchase both products by the gallon on the internet to save $$. So far I like Babe's a little more than Meguiars because it adds just a touch of wax after each use. I even use Babes to perform a quick detail on the cars in between washes.

http://www.babesboats.com/index.php

• 2 weeks later...

Another great product is Babes boat bright. Goes on easy, wipes right off, and leaves a showroom shine!

Oh, wait....I guess it has been mentioned. ROFL.gif

Another great product is Babes boat bright. Goes on easy, wipes right off, and leaves a showroom shine!

I was trying to add to the list of products that work as well as Babe's. I hadn't used Babe's until Malibu started the partnership with them. If you don't have or can't find Babe's, the two products I mentioned ALSO work very well. Is that better ?? ROFL.gif

What product works best for removing water spots. I got a little sloppy at the end of this season and have some waterspot build up on the boat. Will water/vinegar take off the spots that have already "dried on"?

What product works best for removing water spots. I got a little sloppy at the end of this season and have some waterspot build up on the boat. Will water/vinegar take off the spots that have already "dried on"?

It depends how "tuff" the water is in your area. Usually a water/vinegar mix along with some elbow greese will removed dried water spots. Good luck!

This stuff works, but doesn't wipe very clean.

Meguiars

I was trying to add to the list of products that work as well as Babe's. I hadn't used Babe's until Malibu started the partnership with them. If you don't have or can't find Babe's, the two products I mentioned ALSO work very well. Is that better ?? ROFL.gif

I was just trying to be funny....sorry.

• 8 months later...

I have used Babe's Boat Brite since we got the boat and was always pleased with the results but I gotta tell you...I ran out of Babe's and picked up a bottle of Ducky (strictly due to convenience) and I won't buy Babe's anymore. No.gif Babe's worked good, Ducky is amazing. Thumbup.gif

If you've never tried Ducky Detailer...do yourself a favor, try it. :)

I have used Babe's Boat Brite since we got the boat and was always pleased with the results but I gotta tell you...I ran out of Babe's and picked up a bottle of Ducky (strictly due to convenience) and I won't buy Babe's anymore. No.gif Babe's worked good, Ducky is amazing. Thumbup.gif

If you've never tried Ducky Detailer...do yourself a favor, try it. :)

What was different between the two to make it 'amazing'?

Ducky's is stronger....it will remove the water spots better, but will also strip the wax.

I move to vinegar & water (much cheaper than ducky's) once the spots get really bad & until I wax the boat again. then it's back to a whichever quick spray I can get the cheapest (currently babe's 1 gallon).

Edited by Addictedto6
Ducky's is stronger....it will remove the water spots better, but will also strip the wax.

I move to vinegar & water (much cheaper than ducky's) once the spots get really bad & until I wax the boat again. then it's back to a whichever quick spray I can get the cheapest (currently babe's 1 gallon).

I'm confused. If Ducky's removes the wax, then it's not the same type of product as Boat Bright, which is a cleaner/wax/protectant. Babes Spot Solver removes the spots but also removes the wax. Maybe you're thinking of 2 different products?

I see that there is a Ducky's Spot Remover, All Purpose Cleaner and a Detailer. It looks like the Detailer won't take wax off and would be directly comparable to Boat Bright. If the cleaner removes wax, then it's comparable to Spot Solver from Babes.

Norcalibu....was the Ducky's Detailer that much better than Boat Bright? I'd love to hear more about it, because I love Boat Bright and if it's that much better, I'm gonna have to try it out.

I'm confused. If Ducky's removes the wax, then it's not the same type of product as Boat Bright, which is a cleaner/wax/protectant. Babes Spot Solver removes the spots but also removes the wax. Maybe you're thinking of 2 different products?

I see that there is a Ducky's Spot Remover, All Purpose Cleaner and a Detailer. It looks like the Detailer won't take wax off and would be directly comparable to Boat Bright. If the cleaner removes wax, then it's comparable to Spot Solver from Babes.

Norcalibu....was the Ducky's Detailer that much better than Boat Bright? I'd love to hear more about it, because I love Boat Bright and if it's that much better, I'm gonna have to try it out.

Ah...I stand corrected. I didn't know what ducky's made a detailer....my bad.

What was different between the two to make it 'amazing'?
Smooth, shiny finish. :) Boat looks like it's just been waxed. The Babe's cleaned it OK (kinda the same result as vinegar/water) but the Ducky makes it shine. Love.gif
I'm confused...I see that there is a Ducky's Spot Remover, All Purpose Cleaner and a Detailer....Norcalibu....was the Ducky's Detailer that much better than Boat Bright? I'd love to hear more about it, because I love Boat Bright and if it's that much better, I'm gonna have to try it out.
The Detailer is the one I singing about. :) Haven't used either of the other two products by Ducky. :unsure:
I didn't know what ducky's made a detailer....
Yep, and it works great. 28oz bottle was $7 or $8 bucks at West Marine.