Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Babe's boat bright

I promised to report the results. I was given a bottle of babe's boat bright when I picked up my boat. I have used it 3 times now. After lakeing, I drive straight home and begin drying. Sprayed the boat bright on and wiped it off immediately. It seems to be working great. Gets rid of the water spots I missed, and leaves the gel coat smooth and gleaming. It is easy to use ( spray on, wipe off ) and I really like the results. I will be using it as my regular maintenance cleaner. It says it waxes too. I don't think it replaces the carnuba party, but I think it may extend the time between carnuba's. 2 thumbs up!!

lakeing is one of my extended vocabulary words. Yeah, I made it up, but you know exactly what it means.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Addictedto6

• Peacock

• Madmanacrossthewater

• NorCaliBu

I've spent lots of time detailing boats at the dealership, and I have to be honest, for the cost of babe's products, just go with a regular automotive quick detiailer or spary wax...does the same job for alot less.

Chris

I know this is a little late to reply, I have used Babe's Boat Bright since I found it at the boat show about 2 years ago maybe 3 I'm not sure. W hen I pull the boat out of the water, I use Babe's as I drying/cleaning. I love it. It works great. I even use it on other things like vehicles and motorcycles.

I've spent lots of time detailing boats at the dealership, and I have to be honest, for the cost of babe's products, just go with a regular automotive quick detiailer or spary wax...does the same job for alot less.

Chris

I second this Biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought, do you put on Babes every time you take it out of the water or just at the end of the weekend? I always dry her down good, but my boat stays on the lift and I just use the Babes at the end of the weekend. How about others... or are there other suggestions...

Just a thought, do you put on Babes every time you take it out of the water or just at the end of the weekend?  I always dry her down good, but my boat stays on the lift and I just use the Babes at the end of the weekend.  How about others...  or are there other suggestions...

I spray a small amount of Babes, then wipe dry. It seems to need less and less product the more I use it. It adds less than a minute in dry time, but you can't argue with the results. My boat looks better now than the day I got it! (Not that THAT is a surprise)

I only use seat soap on dirty seats, or spots. Then I wipe it soap free with a wet rag, followed by 303.

I do this every time. My eight year old dries the bottom, and reports spots needing attention. It takes us 30 minutes or so.

Although I have yet to try Babe's products, I have to tell you the Customer Service I have received from them has been fantastic! I had some questions for them, and I have had the opportunity to communicate with Leigh Phillips, the "Chief Babe Organizer" -- it has been a super experience. If you have any questions or concerns, I highly recommend you email or call them....

JZ

I'm not trying to knock anybody's products,but I have used several of these in the past. Now I only use a soln. of 1:1 vinegar and water. Way cheaper and the results are basically the same.

Eagle one wax as you dry works great. I use this right on the ramp when I am drying the boat. Cost about $5 at Walmart or any auto store.

Eagle one wax as you dry works great.  I use this right on the ramp when I am drying the boat.  Cost about $5 at Walmart or any auto store.

Wakeace - I have used Eagle one as well (good deal at costco) and it does work great.

However, several people (including rutat) have warned that you need to be very careful with overspray due to the petroleum distilites. bad for vinyl, rubber, etc.

http://msds.ashland.com/ShowMSDS.asp?M=037...U+DRY+24%2F4+OZ

I'm not trying to knock anybody's products,but I have used several of these in the past.  Now I only use a soln. of 1:1 vinegar and water.  Way cheaper and the results are basically the same.

I go back in forth between various quick spray detailers and the vinegar/water mix. The water at the pond has all types of minerals and water spots badly. Vinegar/water does the best job on the water spots, but it also strips the wax.

For detailers, I pick up a few bottles whenever I see a great sale. Recently got 4 bottles of the meguires quick spray for boats at 40% off. Eagle One did work really well, but now I'm paranoid of it around the vinyl.

I used to use Ducky after pulling the boat out of the water, but discovered the vinegar/water mix works just as well, and is cheap. I use an old Ducky spray bottle. :) Drawback, vinegar stinks, and overspray burns the eyes.

Since I use 303 Aerospace Protectant on the gel coat instead of wax, no worries. Vinegar has zero affect on 303. (per their tech support)

Using both these products, it's cake to keep even my all-black hull looking new.

I started a string earlier trying to get the answer to this very question. Which is better, use vinegar and water every time and apply 303 every three or four times out or use the Babes product every time (or every two or three times)??? Use the Babes product with vinegar? Life is full of mystery... ;)

I can't imagine that using vinegar and water will leave the surface feeling freshly waxed. I'm sure that the surface would be clean, and spot free, but not silky smooth like a fresh wax job. The way I figure it, if a bottle of Babe's costs $10 and I get 50 applications out of it, that equals .20 cents an application. That may be unreasonable to some, but it is a great value to me, to have a freshly waxed, spot free, super shiny boat.

I am going to continue to pony up the 20 cents. I really like the stuff.

I can't imagine that using vinegar and water will leave the surface feeling freshly waxed.  I'm sure that the surface would be clean, and spot free, but not silky smooth like a fresh wax job.  The way I figure it, if a bottle of Babe's costs $10 and I get 50 applications out of it, that equals .20 cents an application.  That may be unreasonable to some, but it is a great value to me, to have a freshly waxed, spot free, super shiny boat.

I am going to continue to pony up the 20 cents.  I really like the stuff.

if you can get 50 applications out of it, seems like a no brainer...

WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH USING DISTILLED WHITE VINEAGER

IT'S CERTAINLY THE CHEAPEST. AND IF YOUR IN AND OUT OF THE WATER ALOT

WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH USING DISTILLED WHITE VINEAGER

IT'S CERTAINLY THE CHEAPEST. AND IF YOUR IN AND OUT OF THE WATER ALOT

As metioned above, when I use it exclusively, it strips the wax...

We are right here, no need to YELL!

I agree with the stripping the wax. Inbetween wax's I really like the Meguirs quick spray, works really nice and doesn't strip the wax. Also really shiney! ;):lol:

IMHO, you can't beat the quick detailers.

Can you point us to some of these 'quick detailers'?

I'm not in the auto detailing industry and don't know what you're talking about, unless it the Mequires line.

BTW - I use the water/vinegar mix and then spray the Eagle spray/dry wax on after about every 3rd or 4th time out. I wax the boat once a season. The w/v mix strips the wax, but if you're using it every time - it strips everything off. So, it looks like new as you dry it off.

It's not so much a cost factor as a convenience factor. Other than the web, I dont' have ready access to Babe's or the other products. If I run out of w/v I walk in my house and then walk out with a full bottle.

Edited by chathamsolutions