Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 VLX Value?

SkiingPT

Hey crew, I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on this boat. What’s a fair price?

This like new 2009 Malibu Wakesetter VLX is both eye catching and functional. Malibu's modified V hull is optimized for bigger and better defined wakes. The roomier interior is equally defined thanks to the oversized driver's seat and hand wrapped dash. Even without Malibu's state of the art generation innovations like MaliView 6.5" color dash display and Auto Wedge, the Malibu VLX is one of the most sophisticated wake rides on the water. There couldn't be a wakeboard boat more intuitive and easy to use. It's the only 09 wakeboard boat with push button personal presets for setting wake size and shape. It's the only 09 wakeboard boat that can be equipped with up to 1,250 pounds of ballast and a Power Wedge for an additional 1,200 pounds of displacement and shape enhancement. The MaliView also offers easier viewing, systems management and fun video entertainment pushing the VLX to an entirely new level of wakeboarding excitement. MEASUREMENTS Length: 21'6" Dry Weight: 3,500 Lb. Width: 8'4" Bow Width: 64" Max Draft: 2' Floor to Tower: 66" Main Lounge: 59 Sq. Ft. Sun Pad: 23 Sq. Ft. Platform: 12 Sq. Ft. Ballast: 1,250 Lb. 350Lb. BowTank 500 Lb. Center Tank 200 Lb. Port Tank 200 Lb. Starboard Tank Seating Capacity: 14 Fuel Tank: 48 Gal Hull Shape: Modified V ENGINE Monsoon 5.7L 350 HP w/300 Hours ADDITIONAL FEATURES Brand New Tower Brand New Interior Swivel Racks - Holds 4 Boards Heater Exile AMP and Tower Speakers Transom Remote Rear Lounge Switch 12" Subwoofer w/Rockford Amps Dual Batteries Docking Lights Brand New Mooring/Travel Cover Transom Underwater Swim Light Pull Up Cleats Depth Finder Fosgate Power Amplifier 8 Rockford Fosgate Speakers

7EDC0A29-0208-48EE-A4B6-4630573A4B88.jpeg

C420DBD4-3533-4387-BE7E-0693F97C91D9.jpeg

3AF33526-9B90-4289-810A-72D82CC67A66.jpeg

A86AD51A-ABD6-48C3-9D49-9C5D5889FCDB.jpeg

1157A6C8-0F91-4483-8630-F4B92CC6FE86.jpeg

3F25F0FA-3073-443C-B4AA-A53E224E942E.jpeg

Is that the original interior. It's, well it's brown.

In response to your question I have a 2011 (same boat) and I love it. This boat must be a late 2009 because it has the 2010 tower on it and that's good because the one off 2009 towers sucked. In this market I would buy that boat at $45k, think about it at $50K and pass at $55. Looks like 300 something hours if I'm seeing that right so still almost new. The 2009 and 2010 did not have the touch screen and that's also good.

36 minutes ago, windy1 said:

Is that the original interior. It's, well it's brown.

In response to your question I have a 2011 (same boat) and I love it. This boat must be a late 2009 because it has the 2010 tower on it and that's good because the one off 2009 towers sucked. In this market I would buy that boat at $45k, think about it at $50K and pass at $55. Looks like 300 something hours if I'm seeing that right so still almost new. The 2009 and 2010 did not have the touch screen and that's also good.

They have redone the interior you are correct, it is definitely brown. 308 hours. They’re asking 50,000, so in the ball park. I haven’t actually seen the boat, just debating if it’s worth the trip. 

2 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

If you can deal with the colors, the price seems within reason

images.jpeg

The colors don’t particularly bother me especially after seeing the prices of the newer boats. 

One question would be why did they need to redo the interior on a 2009 with only 300 hours. Neglect would be my first guess. Also, I assume it has a trailer in reasonable condition.

yup doesn't look like an 09 because it's missing the bigger screen, which his descriptions even talks about.  Saying that, Malibu did some weird things like change screens and dashes throughout the year around those time, also that vlx could have gotten the screens later.     I know a 08 lsv that has the bigger center screen along with the lower touch screens that went through 2014.  The lower screen wasn't standard until 09 but this 08 had one.

Saying all that, I think that boat is priced high, but it's right for covid pricing.  I just sold an 07 lsv with pristine interior with over 700 hrs on it.  

For that boat to need all new interior with that low of hours leads me to believe is was probably abused and not very well taken care of.

OK, so says it's an 09, has 10 tower, and 08 dash.  They had to redo the interior...sounds like there is something off - I'd proceed with caution.  Not saying don't move forward, but I'd need more answers.