Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3 Cleanup

If your looking to bring back the black shine, Pig Spit works amazing. A neighbor did his G3 with it and I thought he bought a new tower it was so great. just spray it on!

https://www.amazon.com/Pig-Spit-PSO-Black-Original/dp/B000VJR3GO/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=pig+spit+motorcycle+cleaner&qid=1598921641&sprefix=pig+spit&sr=8-3

ahopkins22LSV
12 hours ago, QmanBu said:

If your looking to bring back the black shine, Pig Spit works amazing. A neighbor did his G3 with it and I thought he bought a new tower it was so great. just spray it on!

https://www.amazon.com/Pig-Spit-PSO-Black-Original/dp/B000VJR3GO/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=pig+spit+motorcycle+cleaner&qid=1598921641&sprefix=pig+spit&sr=8-3

How long did it last?

Several months and its still going strong! I haven't found it to be sticky or greasy either. for me, it helps eliminate the graying/lightening of the black crinkle. Also used it on the mesh vents from my old 2012 and with a tooth brush, got rid of the white residues that accumulates there.

• Like 2

@QmanBu

just spray this over the graying accumulating on my fat ax tower base after wiping down and drying first ? guessing you have to backdrop drape with paper and tape , just like painting a car to prevent overspray??

no need to drape and treat it like a spray paint. Its just like any other cleaner/detail spray that you would use. I just think this one is more silicone based to provide shine and protection. Check out this video to give you a better idea of it. Scrub loose dirt and grime off tower, dry it and spray pig spit on it. It will dry itself, but wipe any drips or heavy excess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJV815-WhVs 

On 8/31/2020 at 8:56 PM, QmanBu said:

I ordered some.  Not for my tower but looks like this product is good for a couple other things on the boat, so I figured I would give it a try.

So I ordered some Pig Spit and gave it a try this morning.  It's super easy to use. Just spray it onto what you're cleaning or spray it on a rag and then wipe it off.  It's very similar to Mother's Back to Black that I've used before. 

Here's some before and after pics.  You be the judge.

The plate underneath the tower base was added by the previous owner, as he had a dozen Rev 10's mounted on the tower.  I'm planning to touch it up this coming off-season.

@QmanBu Thanks for the tip. I appreciate it. :thumbup:

20200906_100802.jpg

20200906_101035.jpg

20200906_102526.jpg

20200906_104116.jpg

20200906_102233.jpg

20200906_105539.jpg

20200906_110202.jpg

20200906_111528.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

finally used pig spit i bought on my fatax tower wrinkle black , forgot to take before and after but similar results as @Kojak, great stuff, the bases of my tower were turning gray, nice pretty new and shiny black

Edited by granddaddy55