Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone ordered A22 new with stereo delete?

mk2driver

Tried searching and couldn’t find any newer threads on ordering a boat without a stereo. Was not impressed with the factory stereo and with the cost figured I could do better aftermarket. Since there is no screen  integration like with a Malibu figured it wouldn’t be too hard. 

Any thoughts? 

14 hours ago, mk2driver said:

Tried searching and couldn’t find any newer threads on ordering a boat without a stereo. Was not impressed with the factory stereo and with the cost figured I could do better aftermarket. Since there is no screen  integration like with a Malibu figured it wouldn’t be too hard. 

Any thoughts? 

if you dont care about tower transfer alert and I’m not sure how surfband connects to boat for transfer button on the band but it connects to viper medallion for volume so i suspect same for actual transfer button.  have to have towers to have surfband so your abandoning the alert and band trsnsfers

in an Axis your own independent system should be no harder than rewiring one of the accessory switches to the newly installed amp board ground and power distribution  blocks and use that switch to turn on source( that will supply remote power out to amps snd EQ), or BT EQ  as a source only (mounted in the HU spot)  all wired to same distribution blocks with  nothing grounded or powered from dash  , a guaranteed no noise system!

i know a guy who did stereo delete on a 19 22 mxz and bought his own medallion viper box and integrated it to maliview , but this guy doesn’t care about surfband or surfing at all

you maybe could figure a way to integrate surfband if you had a box but you wont have the band unless you order a system any way

seems to me the way to go , especially if you want surfband, is order full factory system and then replace dsp amps  and retain your surfband capabilities and enjoy your boat snd system with very little work if you buy exact same non dsp amps. some special connectors for non dsp amps are necessary i think? 

if you want RGB LED at all speakers doing aftermarket speakers/components with rgb cone lights built in for in-boats might be the way to go, WS and i guess  others  will have speakers integrated with sound and rgb stubs that are  2 and 4 wire plugs 

keep the dsp’s to put back in case of warranty issues with stereo speakers, etc

dont think you can just add rgb  rings to proprietary malibu speaker grills though that may have changed and/or malibu has rings for them now but they might be expensive 

Edited by granddaddy55