Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G3.5 tower height on 2020 21 vlx while on the trailer

Burn

I know there has been all kinds of threads about tower height. Need to know if 2020 21 VLX  with G3.5 tower will fit in a 7ft high garage with the tower down???

thanks in advance for any info

With a standard tow hoop, I don’t think so. You would at least need the garage aka low clearance hoop. I have a VTX with the G3, standard hoop and I think i need almost 88-90” or so with the regular tow hoop on. 

iirc the garage hoop from the dealer is 5-700 and should be a bolt on. 

I have a 2018 21 VLX and it does not. I have to take the tow hoop off as well as use a drop hitch, let air out of the tires and I also clocked the axles and it just barely makes it under. I opted not to do the garage hoop because it changes the Bimini holes as well as reduces your head clearance. Putting the hoop back on is a 3 minute job for us now.  

So yes it does.... just not as it comes from the factory. I make it fit in a 7 ft door each weekend though. 

Edited by QmanBu
Clarification

I hear the G5 tower is 4” shorter when folded, and saw one in a 23’, but I am wondering the same thing for the 21’.  Just got a quote to raise the garage header to 8’ ($3400) and would like to avoid if possible.  

My dealer is suppose to be getting me the height, and I’ll let you k ow what I hear.