Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Suggestions on stereo delete system install!

Brandonloos21

Looking to order a 2021 23 LSV woth stereo delete, as I’m wanting a better stereo than what you can get, and would also enjoy saving thousands of dollars. I’ve seen a good amount of people do stereo deletes, but I’m unsure how they go about getting RCA signal to the amps. 

I believe that with stereo delete, you dont get black box, which concerns me, as I would really enjoy being able to control music, bt, and volume from the screens and knob at the helm. I wouldn’t be opposed to installing an MC1, but i would have to be able to control from the Malivue screens at the helm. 

How would you suggest going about this? Thanks in advance!!

1 hour ago, MLA said:

Rather then "delete", I think you are looking for the base level. Then remove what you do not want, and build from their. 

I was thinking delete. I know on previous boats the delete you need to drill bow holes. Only thing is with delete you don’t get black box. I think it’s ridiculous to charge 5,000 for coaxials, black box, and a s***ty dsp amp

1 hour ago, Brandonloos21 said:

I was thinking delete. I know on previous boats the delete you need to drill bow holes. Only thing is with delete you don’t get black box. I think it’s ridiculous to charge 5,000 for coaxials, black box, and a s***ty dsp amp

you can buy the box, Steve Walke on FB malibu page did a complete install integrated to the screen on s 19 22 mxz

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, MLA said:

I do not know what the base level option is for 2021, but at one time, base was media unit integrated to helm and 2 pair of coaxials. 

ideally I would want a black box with speakers wiring ran in the cabin, but no amp or speakers or anything

Edited by Brandonloos21
1 hour ago, Brandonloos21 said:

ideally I would want a black box with speakers wiring ran in the cabin, but no amp or speakers or anything

Im my experience, stereo delete gets you zip, null, nota. All audio components are, well, deleted from the build. You dont get the black box media center integrated with the helm, and no speakers. 

1 hour ago, MLA said:

Im my experience, stereo delete gets you zip, null, nota. All audio components are, well, deleted from the build. You dont get the black box media center integrated with the helm, and no speakers. 

I talked so someone who ordered a 2020 w/ stereo delete and ordered a black box as well. Peobably what I’ll do. He said he also integrated an MC1 to work with the screens too. He said that wire for the 4 cabin speakers was ran. 

12 hours ago, Brandonloos21 said:

I talked so someone who ordered a 2020 w/ stereo delete and ordered a black box as well. Peobably what I’ll do. He said he also integrated an MC1 to work with the screens too. He said that wire for the 4 cabin speakers was ran. 

i would not want my in boats in serial, i run a 6 channel to 3 pairs in parallel and sounds great 

Malibu does not wire speakers in series, but rather in parallel. With a 6 chnl amp and 3 pair of speakers, Im not sure why you would wire any in parallel. Id wire one speaker per chnl. 

11 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

i would not want my in boats in serial, i run a 6 channel to 3 pairs in parallel and sounds great 

What are you talking about? I never thought any were wired in series 

12 hours ago, Brandonloos21 said:

What are you talking about? I never thought any were wired in series 

when you said “that wire (singular) was run for 4 cabin speskers”. i thought you meant one wire 

On 8/29/2020 at 6:53 PM, Brandonloos21 said:

without integrated box and towers no surfband i think

• 2 weeks later...

In my 2019 I ordered stereo delete.

The interior speaker wires are already ran you just have to trace them down.

I installed a full Exile system and just used their bluetooth controller.

I never looked into the black box but it was easy to control with my phone.

21 hours ago, breakz77 said:

In my 2019 I ordered stereo delete.

The interior speaker wires are already ran you just have to trace them down.

I installed a full Exile system and just used their bluetooth controller.

I never looked into the black box but it was easy to control with my phone.

Awesome! Do you happen to have a picture of your boat??

On 9/11/2020 at 12:46 PM, Brandonloos21 said:

Sweet! What about exterior, were looking to order an all gray one, is it dark graphite ?

Yes it was dark graphite

IMG_1742.jpg

• Like 1