Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Let's see those 2021 Malibu & Axis Boats!

Ronnie

• 2 weeks later...

Great looking boat.  Are those new speaker covers for the wet sounds?  Are they rev 8 or 10's and did you go with the RGB lighting?  Amazing boat!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 8:47 AM, Dock4 said:

I’m excited to try it for sure. Where our dock is, we often have strong cross winds. Getting the boat on the hoist can be a nightmare. If the thruster helps that situation, it’s worth it to me. Getting the correct angle for picking up riders quicker will be nice too. 

Any update on how this works.  I have a m235 and am thinking of upgrading for this exact reason (amongst others) as we have crazy crosswinds in a narrow dock area.  I tried the new stern drive in a Nautique paragon last week and it works incredibly well.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 2:08 PM, Ben8tens said:

That gold/root beer flake is so nice!  Here is our new baby.  Break in hours completed last weekend, so time to load this baby up!  2021 24MXZ

2021 24 MXZ 2.jpg

2021 24 MXZ.jpg

Gorgeous boat!!!!

On 8/10/2021 at 1:27 AM, tylerp27 said:

I received my 2022 23 LSV today - my first Malibu! Can't wait to get some hours on through the end of summer.spacer.pngspacer.png

Gorgeous gorgeous boat!  Welcome to the Malibu family!   You are going to LOVE the boat!!!!    Congratulations!!!!

On 8/25/2020 at 2:24 PM, Wakested said:

Ben8tens

Your boat looks awesome my man!!! i have a 2021 lsv 23 that just started being built yesterday. I upgraded the motor to the M6DI. Fully loaded. All white everything even Malibu logo, all white tower and speakers, sepia interior. I’ll send pics when I get it. Anyone wanting to know.... def upgrade to the M6DI. I had a 2020 axis a22 with the M5DI and was ok. Felt like it struggled with the boat loaded down. Hope this helps with anyone 

I ordered a 2022 24 MXZ.  We went with a lot of white as well and threw in some Nassau blue.   I almost went all white and I’m not sure I made the right decision to throw in the blue (my college son made that call.  Lol).  

Can’t wait to see pictures of your boat!!  I know it will look super sleek!!!  

On 10/14/2020 at 9:28 AM, bcoppess23 said:

Picked her up on Saturday! Cool side note, it was 10 years ago to the same weekend when I bought my first Malibu!!

8AFA1F12-D64F-4395-8293-917FAAE1636C.jpeg

A6ED48B1-77F4-4395-A3C5-178F14936261.jpeg

65CE260C-FF53-4BFE-8828-D56087427BAB.jpeg

Beautiful boat!!!   Great color combinations!!!   Congratulations!!

• Like 3
On 8/28/2021 at 4:26 PM, RCorsa said:

Any update on how this works.  I have a m235 and am thinking of upgrading for this exact reason (amongst others) as we have crazy crosswinds in a narrow dock area.  I tried the new stern drive in a Nautique paragon last week and it works incredibly well.  

It works pretty well.  Docking has been a breeze all season with it.  Its also been great for starting riders off with the correct angle.

Only issue I have is when turning the stern to port.  The bubbles from the exhaust make the thruster cavitate in this direction, which makes the thrust a little weaker in this direction vs turning to starboard.  Not a huge deal, but definitely worth noting.  Nautique fixes this issue by using an exhaust bypass while the thruster is in use.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 12:19 PM, Dock4 said:

It works pretty well.  Docking has been a breeze all season with it.  Its also been great for starting riders off with the correct angle.

Only issue I have is when turning the stern to port.  The bubbles from the exhaust make the thruster cavitate in this direction, which makes the thrust a little weaker in this direction vs turning to starboard.  Not a huge deal, but definitely worth noting.  Nautique fixes this issue by using an exhaust bypass while the thruster is in use.

This is disappointing information as this is the main direction people need the thrusters to work in due to the right hand prop rotation. :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 10:19 AM, Dock4 said:

Can you post a pic of the bubbles from the cavitation you described?  I have stern turn and mine works great in both directions equally.  But maybe your stern turn in relation to the surf pipe is orientated or mounted different than my M? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 7:22 PM, Dfowkes said:

Can you post a pic of the bubbles from the cavitation you described?  I have stern turn and mine works great in both directions equally.  But maybe your stern turn in relation to the surf pipe is orientated or mounted different than my M? 

I dont have a pic of the bubbles in action.  I know the sure pipe is interfering because the thruster works perfectly with the engine off.  Pic of thruster mounted below. 

IMG_1624.jpg

6 hours ago, Dock4 said:

I dont have a pic of the bubbles in action.  I know the sure pipe is interfering because the thruster works perfectly with the engine off.  Pic of thruster mounted below. 

IMG_1624.jpg

Thanks for posting the picture.  I'll take some pics of my thruster and post them up.  When you posted about having trouble with your thruster only working well in one direction it was the first time I've heard of any thruster complaints.   

On 10/25/2021 at 7:09 PM, Dfowkes said:

Thanks for posting the picture.  I'll take some pics of my thruster and post them up.  When you posted about having trouble with your thruster only working well in one direction it was the first time I've heard of any thruster complaints.   

Hearing you don't have issues now makes me a little bummed.  I wonder if other 220 owners have this problem.  I figured it was a known issue since Nautique made an exhaust bypass to avoid experiencing what I am.  I bet if we start a thread on the general topic page, we would get better info.  I have not addressed this with my deal yet, FYI.

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2021 at 9:54 AM, Dock4 said:

Hearing you don't have issues now makes me a little bummed.  I wonder if other 220 owners have this problem.  I figured it was a known issue since Nautique made an exhaust bypass to avoid experiencing what I am.  I bet if we start a thread on the general topic page, we would get better info.  I have not addressed this with my deal yet, FYI.

I would definitely like to hear more feedback from other owners about this as I have mine on order and absolutely need this option getting into my dock.  First time to order something like this but I can't imagine Malibu not fixing such an expensive option, especially because this is the main direction the option was meant to counter due to prop rotation. 

• 1 month later...

Well I have the boat and have had some experience with stern turn.  Overall it does what it is supposed to but for me does not overcome the wave and winds needed to get into my dock on a windy day.  It is not as powerful as I expected it to be.  Maybe it is the cavitation?  I have not been able to look yet because it has been only me in the boat driving it so far.  On the fence if it is worth the money yet.   The wedge sits right in front of the opening on the port side of the thruster which has to cause some of the decreased power of the unit.

10 hours ago, Gene3x said:

Well I have the boat and have had some experience with stern turn.  Overall it does what it is supposed to but for me does not overcome the wave and winds needed to get into my dock on a windy day.  It is not as powerful as I expected it to be.  Maybe it is the cavitation?  I have not been able to look yet because it has been only me in the boat driving it so far.  On the fence if it is worth the money yet.   The wedge sits right in front of the opening on the port side of the thruster which has to cause some of the decreased power of the unit.

I have driven an M240 with stern turn. It is why I added it to my 2022. Turning port I felt it was great. Turning starboard, I found in gear with rudder assist helped tremendously. I deal with tide and wind. And it helped over come my concerns 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...