Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Let's see those 2021 Malibu & Axis Boats!

Ronnie

On 6/29/2021 at 2:48 AM, 04 VLX WINDERMERE UK said:

Hi We have full ballast (450 pnp bags) with 90% in drivers side. That was 3 people in boat. Two sat on passenger side. Wedge on 5 and 10.8mph. All our gear (wetsuits tools etc) is kept on the passenger side under the seats so that’ll help with weight. We have tonnes of push right to the back and in the whitewater. 

3C599DC5-939E-4C09-8B75-52EF04C8B0B1.jpeg

Thanks for the details.  Went out today and could not get a clean wave with more than a 3 wedge with crew.  It did better when it was just my daughter and I before the other dad and 3 kids arrived, then it was clean and longer with a 4 wedge.  The MXZ is I think 400 pounds heaver in the bow than the LSV (hull and front tank difference) and I am not sure what size the PNP bags are, build sheet just says they are there but not the size.  So my "same" ballast fill could be a couple hundred more in the rear lockers plus the bow weight.  more to learn.  I have stayed away from lead, I am thinking perhaps even just stock I am too heavy for best results.  At any rate it helps to know that with some more fiddling there is possible a better result.  Thanks again, we had a great afternoon on the lake.

8 hours ago, Surf4FamFun said:

Thanks for the details.  Went out today and could not get a clean wave with more than a 3 wedge with crew.  It did better when it was just my daughter and I before the other dad and 3 kids arrived, then it was clean and longer with a 4 wedge.  The MXZ is I think 400 pounds heaver in the bow than the LSV (hull and front tank difference) and I am not sure what size the PNP bags are, build sheet just says they are there but not the size.  So my "same" ballast fill could be a couple hundred more in the rear lockers plus the bow weight.  more to learn.  I have stayed away from lead, I am thinking perhaps even just stock I am too heavy for best results.  At any rate it helps to know that with some more fiddling there is possible a better result.  Thanks again, we had a great afternoon on the lake.

One other piece of infomation, that might be important, is we switched from the 17" OJ Torq prop 1773 17 x 14 to a ACME 3077 17 x 15.5 and besides been a smoother ride (eSpecially at set off and 8 mph) and less RPM (3,200, which the M6 handles effortlessly) but the big thing is that the wave is cleaner, which surprised us in a really good way. What prop are you running?

14 hours ago, 04 VLX WINDERMERE UK said:

One other piece of infomation, that might be important, is we switched from the 17" OJ Torq prop 1773 17 x 14 to a ACME 3077 17 x 15.5 and besides been a smoother ride (eSpecially at set off and 8 mph) and less RPM (3,200, which the M6 handles effortlessly) but the big thing is that the wave is cleaner, which surprised us in a really good way. What prop are you running?

Build sheet shows "Standard - 17 x 155 - 1778" which is the OJ brand prop, reading it has a .120 cup compared to .150 on your ACME.  Guess it could make a difference.  I don't have a spare so perhaps should experiment.  Been planning to order one for the trunk.

6 hours ago, Surf4FamFun said:

Build sheet shows "Standard - 17 x 155 - 1778" which is the OJ brand prop, reading it has a .120 cup compared to .150 on your ACME.  Guess it could make a difference.  I don't have a spare so perhaps should experiment.  Been planning to order one for the trunk.

We had the high torq prop as a extra, which I now know we did not need and yes always have a spare, hopefully you will never need it. The 3077 was ordered as our spare.

8 hours ago, Surf4FamFun said:

There's virtually zero perceivable difference between the 1778 and the ACME 3077.  The nominal difference in cup is insignificant.  

Nassau looks so good!! Love seeing the color.  

Has anyone seen the Nassau flake for 2022??  I saw it this weekend in a color swatch, not on a boat, and it looks great.

40 minutes ago, Picklefork24 said:

Here’s our 2021 24ft MXZ :).  Had temp reg stickers on the one where it is floating.  About to order real ones.  With the hull lines I was kinda curious where people were putting them…but it seems like they need to go pretty much where I had them.  Anyone else putting them anywhere else?

2754AB28-67C0-41E1-ACCE-AF46EFD4D5A3.jpeg

B269F879-9B39-4A45-B65D-C2D6100B6848.jpeg

Looks good but with a black hull and those meats on the tow rig, you should consider some rock tamers for going up over Usery Pass.  I have a white hull and not-very-aggressive tires on my half-ton and I have stone chips here and there.

• Like 2

Thanks UW Skier.  Unfortunately the rock tamers are not nearly wide enough for a dually.  I do have RokBlokz on there though (different brand) that are pretty discreet.  I had a 2013 with nearly the same color combo.  I totally debated doing a black hull again but I just couldn’t not do it LOL.

ahopkins22LSV
10 hours ago, Picklefork24 said:

Thanks UW Skier.  Unfortunately the rock tamers are not nearly wide enough for a dually.  I do have RokBlokz on there though (different brand) that are pretty discreet.  I had a 2013 with nearly the same color combo.  I totally debated doing a black hull again but I just couldn’t not do it LOL.

Look into RV guards on Amazon. I don’t have a dually but they make them in different widths. These are the ones I bought for my truck. 

Smart Solutions 1868 18" Rock Solid https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B002OAT7LW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VH39W01N0KEQWFBF4FXH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, surfdude said:

After a long wait, my boat has finally got here!!! Yes it is now a 2022

DAAEE80D-703B-4939-B8CE-6C0D5A75543C.jpeg

Beautiful boat!  I love the colors.
Any minor new changes with anything since it is a 2022?

24 minutes ago, Hemmy said:

Beautiful boat!  I love the colors.
Any minor new changes with anything since it is a 2022?

I was in a late model ‘21 and noticed the sliding table/seat mechanism that rotates the seat back had more aluminum than what was on mine. That was about all I noticed.