Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Active Code: SPN 65610 FMI 2

Friends boat displaying the following code stream:

SPN 65610  FMI 2    Etc Tps Correlation DATA Erratis, Intermitent, or Incorrect.

Inactive codes are stored : 65618 Etc Return,       

723 Cam Signal,   636 Crank Signal

Does anybody have any insight on corrective action, had same and corrected?

Thx!

On 8/27/2020 at 11:31 AM, Woodski said:

Friends boat displaying the following code stream:

SPN 65610  FMI 2    Etc Tps Correlation DATA Erratis, Intermitent, or Incorrect.

Inactive codes are stored : 65618 Etc Return,       

723 Cam Signal,   636 Crank Signal

Does anybody have any insight on corrective action, had same and corrected?

Thx!

@Engine Nut suggested that the throttle body may be dirty in this thread, but the OP never came back with a result.  I think that's a great suggestion whenever performance seems to suffer.

I suggested maybe looking at the cannon plug in this thread, but the OP never came back with a result.

I would take a close look at connectors and their associated pins to make sure that everything that wants data is getting it reliably.  That many codes seems like the ECM isn't reading sensors correctly.

I'm a believer in clean throttle bodies and clean connectors.  Most of the sensors and electronic parts on these engines are rock solid.  I have long suspected that most issues are caused by crud buildup or oxidation. 

4 hours ago, Woodski said:

Problem is intermittent but getting worse, puts boat in limp or idle only mode

@justgary - thx for those links.  Need to find Larry's email address as he seems not to check too frequently here these days.

Check your PM