Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 Monsoon 340 Oil Pan

LoneStarBoater

I have a 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV with the Monsoon 340 engine.  I noticed an oil leak on the drain plug/hose so I attempted to remove the oil drain plug and hose.  The oil pan broke at the fitting.  Looks like I will have to pull the motor and replace the pan.  I am having trouble locating the correct pan and gasket.  Can anyone help? Or guide me to a parts manual?  Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for the info.  I have looked at those sites but I am not sure which exact pan to get.  There are several that are very similar.  Looks like Sierra Marine is a big supplier of oil pans but I cannot narrow it down to the correct model.

49 minutes ago, LoneStarBoater said:

I have a 2006 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV with the Monsoon 340 engine.  I noticed an oil leak on the drain plug/hose so I attempted to remove the oil drain plug and hose.  The oil pan broke at the fitting.  Looks like I will have to pull the motor and replace the pan.  I am having trouble locating the correct pan and gasket.  Can anyone help? Or guide me to a parts manual?  Thanks in advance!!

Did the drain plug and hose snap off and leave its threads in the pan?  If so you can remove the sleeve threads and reinstall a new plug with our removing the engine.  Or you can use a helical coil and replace the damaged threads.  If you can get it to not leak then you can just siphon out the oil instead of draining it.

39 minutes ago, Zippymbr said:

Did the drain plug and hose snap off and leave its threads in the pan?  If so you can remove the sleeve threads and reinstall a new plug with our removing the engine.  Or you can use a helical coil and replace the damaged threads.  If you can get it to not leak then you can just siphon out the oil instead of draining it.

Do NOT siphon the oil out thru the dipstick. More than one thread on here with the complications that other have had (myself included).

I replaced my oil plan two years ago. It turns out that there is no standard size drain plug and I am still searching for the right banjo fitting so that I can use the drain hose. (I have both the metric and English versions)