Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kenwood MP400 MR and WS420BT

WGjames

Hey crew I have the stock Kenwood head unit and I purchased a wet sounds 420 EQ.  I have an ARC audio 6 channel amp where everything is currently running through that straight out of the Kenwood deck.  This includes four tower speakers all boat speakers and the sub.  Next year I will rewire everything and add a sub amp but I'm wondering if I can just put the wet sounds in line with the RCA jacks now to at least get the zones separated. Has anyone done this with one amp? I would basically put the head unit RCA's out into the wet sound( not use the sub out,  then I would put the outputs of the wet sound into the RCA inputs on the amp and leave everything as is.

Open the thoughts or ideas.

if you are already splitting the kenwood source into multiple rca’s to the one amp for multiple zones because the amp has multiple rca inputs, then yes go to the 420bt im guessing into main input with one rca pair from HU and  then run what you are splitting as output to  amp from the 420, if not splitting to amp already its a waste of time unless you are wanting BT from that unit because you have no split zones

you do realize that when using the 420 BT as a source you have to control music at phone only,  i have the plain 420 not BT and have a BT rocker switch transceiver that has controls for track, phone volume, on/off with remote power out, pause/play ( my phone just lays around and we never have to touch it)

if the 420 BT has remote power out to turn on amps, why not eliminate the HU and use 420’BT as your source as it would turn on the amps, this unit is intended to be a stand alone source with zone control

only reason to keep HU is a second rider  playlist source BT’d or USB’d to HU so you dont have to switch the 420 BT pairing for a guest rider’s playlist.  i did this but dont have a crew needing this feature so its sort of a waste

or you have a kenwood transom remote,  but then why did you buy a 420 BT if your source remains the HU, only needed the 420 SQ

Edited by granddaddy55