Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

12 247 to 17 23LSV Thoughts?

KST164

Considering a 2017 23 LSV.  It has Plug and Play and the 410 with high altitude prop.  Coming from a 2012 247 with PNP and the 409.   Obviously gaining surf gate and PW2.  Losing some room.  We usually have a small crew so not really worried about space.  Thoughts?

Without any other details my two cents is go for the newer boat.  There are so many other enhancements and upgrades over 2012.    Get a test drive to see if you can live with the power and RPM when fully loaded for surfing.  Any pictures or other info would be helpful as well.  

Don’t think I’ll be disappointed in power. Essentially the same as my 247 which typically has enough.  When all ballast full including the 1100 pnp it’s not terrible. Been a few times when loaded w people I needed more but we usually have a small crew. 

i have a 23 and want a 247...  i think boat size is similar to money.  if you don't have it you're just fine and not affected, but once you get a taste its hard to go backwards from it. I couldn't go back down from a 247 even if i didn't need it all the time just knowing Its there when you do.