Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

FatSac bow bag install

Grooobz

I recently bought a a set of PNP FatSacs for my 2019 T22. I had no problem getting the rear bags installed. However, when trying to connect the bow bag I ran into an issue. The bag has 4 male connections coming out of it, 1 in the front of the bag, 1 off the back left and 2 off the back right. The boat however only seems to have 1 hose and connection on both the left and the right bag. I searched up underneath the side of the boat and the compartments underneath, but dont see any other hoses laying around. I spoke to FatSacs who verified I had the right bag (PN# W026-1 1/8). Is it possible that this thing left the factory without having all the proper hoses connected? Any ideas, or recommendations?

Edited by Grooobz

As long as the drain pump is connected to lowest point you should be good. If you are using the fill system with the double Y action for vent and overflow then that needs to go into the highest port - probably on the bow end.

Since the bag makes a Y, you will probably want a drain line on both sides.  Have you confirmed where your ballast hoses run?  On my T22, there were two hoses running to the rear of the bag location.  Both of those hoses connected to the bow ballast drain pump (there's a Y fitting under the flooring that ties into the drain pump).  The bow fill line was plumbed directly to the bow vent, meaning that as plumbed from the factory, turning on the pump resulted in water pumping directly overboard.  I cut this line and connected the fill hose to the second port on the back right side of the bag.  The front port connects to the vent line.

On 8/25/2020 at 5:26 PM, SurfNAZ said:

Since the bag makes a Y, you will probably want a drain line on both sides.  Have you confirmed where your ballast hoses run?  On my T22, there were two hoses running to the rear of the bag location.  Both of those hoses connected to the bow ballast drain pump (there's a Y fitting under the flooring that ties into the drain pump).  The bow fill line was plumbed directly to the bow vent, meaning that as plumbed from the factory, turning on the pump resulted in water pumping directly overboard.  I cut this line and connected the fill hose to the second port on the back right side of the bag.  The front port connects to the vent line.

I have not yet. I will be back at the lake this weekend to take another look and will take some pictures as well. Thanks

On 8/25/2020 at 5:26 PM, SurfNAZ said:

...The bow fill line was plumbed directly to the bow vent, meaning that as plumbed from the factory, turning on the pump resulted in water pumping directly overboard.  I cut this line and connected the fill hose to the second port on the back right side of the bag.  The front port connects to the vent line.

I assume simple stainless worm drive hose clamps are all that is needed to secure a water tight connection of the "cut" hose and the bag?

What scares me id the possibility of this coming loose with water sloshing around in the bag and the boat crossing rollers. 

17 minutes ago, jimmsch said:

I assume simple stainless worm drive hose clamps are all that is needed to secure a water tight connection of the "cut" hose and the bag?

What scares me id the possibility of this coming loose with water sloshing around in the bag and the boat crossing rollers. 

That's what I used.  If it comes loose, the bilge will fix it :) 

I also used worm clamps and have not had any issues.  I keep a couple on hand and have plugs just in case I ever run into an issue.  Your other option is to install Oetiker/ear clamps like the factory.