Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow railings

Unfortunately, one of mine is now bent and doesn’t sit on the studs.  Where can i find replacements for a 99 Malibu sunsetter and does anyone have a YouTube video for installing them?

This happened to me two winters ago when the shed I was storing my boat in collapsed due to snow. One side got crushed. According to the dealer new replacements are not made so you would have to get lucky and find one used. I ended up having the guy doing the fiberglass repair take both rails off and repair the holes and install pop-up cleats instead. It ended up looking really good and a lot cleaner. If all else fails you could look into that but I know that's not the easiest way out.

I have an extra starboard side one in my garage.  Its never been installed. I only needed port side but they only had them in pairs. Mine is an '03.

On 8/25/2020 at 6:35 AM, HawkGuy55 said:

Unfortunately, one of mine is now bent and doesn’t sit on the studs.  Where can i find replacements for a 99 Malibu sunsetter and does anyone have a YouTube video for installing them?

Can't speak for the '99 models, but my '02 just has a basic nut and washers underneath to secure them.