Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New to me 04 Sunsetter 23XTI

erc1956us

New to the forum but I have been lurking for a couple of months now.  In June I picked up a 2004 23 XTI sunsetter from a friend who was moving for 20K.  While its not the exact boat i was looking for being DD vs V, i couldn't pass on the deal and ability to get the family on the lake since this is our first boat and i don't think i will lose anything on it.  Boat has always been stored indoors, has 120hrs and all maintenance records for the 340 monsoon.  The interior is in excellent condition except for the dash which has a few sun spots that i would like to get repaired (any ideas?).  It runs well  but there are a few things that i want to upgrade and could use some help.

1. It has the swoop tower which i understand is a one year deal on the 04 - is there an over the tower bimini that anyone know's of that will fit?

2. I know this isn't the ideal surfing boat and i have seen a few threads regarding bag placement, however to start with i would like to add a under bag under the rear seat and one in the ski locker.  Are there any recommendations. 

3. Being that the boat only has 120 hrs is there anything i should look to replace because of age before it becomes a problem?

Boat-12.jpg

Boat-8.jpg

• Like 1

Nice one! Congrats. Big air makes a top that should fit. Super shadow is the one we have, it works great. 

http://bigairwaketowers.com/bimini/supershadowbimini/

Things to do? Might not be a bad idea to do a tune up on her unless you know if any of this stuff has been done. Fuel filter(s), plugs, wires, impeller (keep a spare on board too), and cap and rotor. 

We had a xti with a wedge and would surf with it. Like you said, not the best place to put bags, so we just loaded the floor in the back and stepped over them. Pretty sure someone makes a bag that fits in the ski locker for one out of site. 

congrats again, nice boat and great price. 

That is a beautiful boat and only 120 hours?  You got a steal.

If this isn't the exact boat you are looking for and you don't plan to keep it, I wouldn't put a penny into it.  Use it for the remainder of the season.  Find good storage for it until April and then sell it for top dollar and get the VDrive that you really want.

Thanks for the responses, selling next year is an option but sometimes I can’t stop myself from tinkering.  The goal was to get the kids in the water since the lake is 5 minutes down the road.  Boats are stupid expensive right now but maybe next year there will be some deals.  Who knows.

Congrats that’s a beautiful boat! You could get a stick on surfgate like the swell. Use some lead bags to stick under the seats so you don’t have to walk over fat sacs!