Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help on How To Access Starboard Aft Drainage Pump

Sealbeams

We have a 2006 Malibu VLX with bow, mid, port and starboard factory ballast tanks.  Have owned the boat about 3 yrs.  When we first got it we needed to replace 2 pumps.  Currently the starboard aft tank will not drain - the pump is not working and I suspect it needs replacing.  It is not the breaker.  In order to access the drainage pump, it appears that I need to remove the floor (deck) covering it, but am at a loss as to how to do that.  Can anyone give me instructions?  Or forward me to a prior thread on this?  Or a Youtube video?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

I had to do this on saturday to my 2008.  There were actually two access panels on mine all the way in back at the transom. I had to fish for the screws to open it up and there is not much room but it worked. .  I don't think they had any access panels on the 2006.  You need to remove all the screws to the panel to try and flex it up to get to it. This includes the slot for the divider panels too.  There are some threads which describe this better. I would think about popping up that floor piece and making your own cut out to access the drain pumps back there as another member here did. 

I am about to install the Piggyback system in my 06 LSV23, and was thinking about getting a couple to have at the ready so I won't lose a ton of time when they fail.  On one of the posts that KerryKerry reposted above, one of the comments was a detailed description of where all the stock pumps are located for a 2007 VLX.  Would those pump locations be the same for a 2006 LSV23?  If not, does anyone know the locations of the stock pumps for 2006 LSV23?  With the extra pumping required for the Piggybacks (if WakeMakers ever ships them to me), I am guessing the rear pumps will go sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, AZRhino said:

I am about to install the Piggyback system in my 06 LSV23, and was thinking about getting a couple to have at the ready so I won't lose a ton of time when they fail.  On one of the posts that KerryKerry reposted above, one of the comments was a detailed description of where all the stock pumps are located for a 2007 VLX.  Would those pump locations be the same for a 2006 LSV23?  If not, does anyone know the locations of the stock pumps for 2006 LSV23?  With the extra pumping required for the Piggybacks (if WakeMakers ever ships them to me), I am guessing the rear pumps will go sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advance!

The pumps are going to be under the floor at the very edge of the transom.