Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

response lxi vs sunsetter lxi

Bwoody16

On 8/28/2020 at 9:39 AM, Bwoody16 said:

@SkiPabloMade an offer, hes got a higher offer, if it falls though hopefully ill get a shot. Looking at this one now

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/673810853400321/

its got more hours, trying to negotiate price now. 

This one was for sale in the Spring at $24k.  They list it as a 2002 but I think I figured out that isn't possible based on the switches.  Most likely a 2000.  That scared me off and it was too high priced earlier in the year.

@Badger

I asked them about it being a 2002, they said they pulled the title and it is a 2000.  They still have it.  Not easy to get a hold of or communicate with.  There daughter has it listed and she doesnt know much about it.  Ive asked for more pictures and havent gotten any.  Probably why its been listed for 18 weeks. 

3 hours ago, Bwoody16 said:

@Badger

I asked them about it being a 2002, they said they pulled the title and it is a 2000.  They still have it.  Not easy to get a hold of or communicate with.  There daughter has it listed and she doesnt know much about it.  Ive asked for more pictures and havent gotten any.  Probably why its been listed for 18 weeks. 

HIN in pic is 00, so 2000

image.png.19dc48833170ae2dacef671e3a8dd1fc.png

@footndale

thanks, made an offer on the sunsetter lxi in Ohio already.  Been in contact with him from day one when his add went up on boat trader.  I shot him a fair cash offer.  No deal yet.  Said he had an offer, but then the next day said that fell through.  Guess ill wait.  Boat trailer doesnt look like a tandem axle to me.  

Edited by Bwoody16

@Eagleboy99

@UWSkier

Correct, I did pick up the boat in Minneapolis.  Brother went over and test drove it on Wednesday, I drove up and picked it up Friday and had it on the water with in an hr of picking it up.  Both of us skied behind it and then had it back on the water on Saturday, no skiing, to rough.   Put 4-5 hours on it this past weekend, trouble free.  Needs a few things cleaned up.  Only one pitot tube seems to be working, but thinking I will go with Nautic laugic NL2.  (anyone has used one im in the market).  Looking at upgrading factory prop to Acme 515.  UWskier probably already saw that on ball of spray. 

34 minutes ago, Bwoody16 said:

@Eagleboy99

@UWSkier

Correct, I did pick up the boat in Minneapolis.  Brother went over and test drove it on Wednesday, I drove up and picked it up Friday and had it on the water with in an hr of picking it up.  Both of us skied behind it and then had it back on the water on Saturday, no skiing, to rough.   Put 4-5 hours on it this past weekend, trouble free.  Needs a few things cleaned up.  Only one pitot tube seems to be working, but thinking I will go with Nautic laugic NL2.  (anyone has used one im in the market).  Looking at upgrading factory prop to Acme 515.  UWskier probably already saw that on ball of spray. 

What's the deal with the center windshield?

@UWSkier  doesn't have one.  Previous owner bought it with out one,  Im guessing it got taken off and set aside and not passed on.  Think I have found one on great lakes skipper.  Still not sure if its needed.  Not going to be out when its super windy. 

3 hours ago, Bwoody16 said:

@UWSkier  doesn't have one.  Previous owner bought it with out one,  Im guessing it got taken off and set aside and not passed on.  Think I have found one on great lakes skipper.  Still not sure if its needed.  Not going to be out when its super windy. 

The "wind" will be coming through at 32-36 mph when you are skiing.  ;)

Plus, once you have the center windshield you can consider installing the optional plexi wind screen in the walk-through to make cool morning runs much more tolerable. 

6 hours ago, Bwoody16 said:

Always nice to have a wind block, no matter what time of year. Plus a great way to keep animals and kids locked up there. :)

Edited by footndale
8 minutes ago, Badger said:

Not sure what kind of animals your talking about but my Mastercraft buddy has a hard top on his bow and didn't have his wind block in place.  One morning last year as he was idling down to the take off point, a stowaway raccoon popped up over someone's shoulder on the jumpseat.  You've never seen 4 old guys move so quick!  The raccoon jumped over the side and swam to shore.  The windblock has never been taken out since.

Fair weather boaters here. Don’t live on a lake. If anyone has leads on center windshield I’m all ears.  Going to see if I can track down previous owners and give them a call. 

8 minutes ago, Bwoody16 said:

Fair weather boaters here. Don’t live on a lake. If anyone has leads on center windshield I’m all ears.  Going to see if I can track down previous owners and give them a call. 

Call Taylor Made,  They should have a flat piece like that.