Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exhaust Manifold hose melted

2010 LSV with monsoon 350. Last night we took off from the boat ramp and drove about 10 minutes and my low voltage warning light came on. I opened the engine compartment and water was everywhere. The hose leading to the starboard exhaust manifold had a split in it and basically filled the bilge with water causing the serpentine belt to slip on the alternator. 

Anyways, it seems that the heat from the exhaust manifold melted the hose. Is this just a freak thing? The boat is 10 years old and has 670 hours... We grabbed some extra ballast hose and used that with a beer can wedged against it to displace some of the heat and it worked for the night. 

I find it hard to believe that those hoses are designed to be seated up against those very hot exhaust manifolds. Any thoughts on this?

Zn0mIIs.png

There is a plumbing update that needs to be done on that engine.  The kit reconfigures the way water flows to the exhaust manifolds and cools them down considerably.  I'd recommend getting one of those kits.

• Like 2

Thanks for the link. I ordered that kit. The manifold is brand new. Replaced it last year because I kept throwing misfire codes and it was something wrong with the cat in the manifold. Probable would have not happened if my dealer would have alerted the previous owner or even me about this fix. Not very happy.