Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Acme 2949 - Anyone tried it?

jmack

I'm currently running a 2313 - 15"x12"x.150   My home lake is at 500' and this prop does really well there, but struggled with it at Lake Powell while loaded heavy for surfing. Acme recommends their 2419 - 15"x12"x.075. They indicated the heavy cup of the 2313 is what's causing the extra load on the engine, although I do like that the 2313 doesn't compromise too much on cruising speed with the .150 cup.

I was going to order the 2419, but after looking at specs, I'm interested in the 2949 - 15"x11"x.105. Does anyone have experience with this prop compared to the 2419??

Boat is a 2015 23LSV with 450 Monsoon.

So I went with the 2949 prop - 11" pitch with .105 cup. I haven't seen any feedback on it and obviously no one here has chimed in, so I'll report back on how it performs. Hoping to get similar performance to the popular 2419, but with a little more torque for surfing speeds.

Which transmission does a 2015 Malibu have? That's still 1.5:1, right? In that case, it's fairly aggressive, but maybe not completely out of the realm of possible, given some elevation.

6 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

I am surprised you need that aggressive of a prop with that motor.  Perhaps some additional box weight is in order?

I’m running a 1000lb bag up front (not always full - depends on the size of the crew)

5 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

Which transmission does a 2015 Malibu have? That's still 1.5:1, right? In that case, it's fairly aggressive, but maybe not completely out of the realm of possible, given some elevation.

Yes, it’s the 1.5:1 ratio. 

I was running the standard 1235 prop and it did ok at my home lake at 500’ elevation, even when surfing. The boat struggled with the 1235 at Lake Powell (3500’ elevation) and I swapped to the 2313. I was disappointed that the boat still struggled some even with that prop at Powell while loaded heavy. 

The 2313 does great back home at 500’, but wanting to get another spare that’s more aggressive than the 1235.