Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to use ballast system T22

Mimt22

Hi ! 
I have a 2018 Axis T22 and had a question about the ballast system.

1. If I want to fill it fully do i press once and leave it on until I am done wakesurfing or do i need to press something once full?
2.Then to empty the ballast just press it 2 more times? How do I know when its fully empty? 
The manual says  “Ballast pumps must be turned OFF after emptying the tanks. When only a drizzle of water is coming from the outlets, manually turn OFF the ballast pumps,”

How do you manually turn the pumps off? 

Instructions seem a bit confusing.

Thank you in advance ! 

9 hours ago, Mimt22 said:

Hi ! 
I have a 2018 Axis T22 and had a question about the ballast system.

1. If I want to fill it fully do i press once and leave it on until I am done wakesurfing or do i need to press something once full?
2.Then to empty the ballast just press it 2 more times? How do I know when its fully empty? 
The manual says  “Ballast pumps must be turned OFF after emptying the tanks. When only a drizzle of water is coming from the outlets, manually turn OFF the ballast pumps,”

How do you manually turn the pumps off? 

Instructions seem a bit confusing.

Thank you in advance ! 

The soft key is a 3 position switch.  Fill/Drain/Off.  Each time you push it, it cycles thru the options for each ballast tank. 

1) Fill = 1 button push (Left LED lit)you fill the tanks with as little or as much weight that you want in the boat.  When i wakeboard, i only fill the back tanks partially.  Then when its surf time, start filling them again until full.  You know they are full when you hear/see water flowing out of the side of the boat.  There is one vent and one drain port on ear side of the rear of the boat for the back tanks.  Just forward of the captains chair, there will be 5 ports.  1 bilge.  1 overflow and 1 drain for the center tank.  There should also be 1 overflow and 1 drain for the bow Plug and Play bag (unless your dealer installed one, you do NOT have a bow ballast).  As for knowing how full the different tanks are....you can't.  We dont have a metering system on our boats.  About all you could do would be to time each ballast tank and see how long it take to go from empty to full and then record that time.  Then if you want 1/2 tank....let it run 1/2 as long.  Once full (as stated above), you will want to push the button 2 more times to cycle the pumps off.

2) Drain =  2 button pushes (Right LED lit).  Let the pumps run until there is no water puking out from the drain ports outside the hull.  Once no water is coming out, push the button for the empty tank again to turn the drain pump off.

Something to try.  I dont know how many boats are wired this way.  BUT....i can push my ACC 1 putton (and hold it for about 2 seconds) and ALL my drain pumps will kick on.  It sort of mimics the "Go Home" button found on the 19+ models.

Lastly, when we trailer the boat, once the boat is completely secured on teh trailer, i like to have Les kick the drain pumps on again.  We can usually get a few more gallons of water out of each tank (perhaps because the boat is pitched up and water is draining back to the pickup location in the tank).

Thanks for your help! 
So just to be clear if i want to fill full i just press once (left light will turn on) but then i always leave it on until im done surfing? So its continuously filling up? Or once full i press 2 more times to turn off?

And yes, in the boat I have the “Go Home” option. 

No.  Push the button 1 time to turn on the FILL pump.  When the each of the tanks are full,  you hear/see water starting to puke out of the boat (3 or 4 locations if you have the bow Plug and Play).  Once each spot starts to puke water, push the corresponding button 2 times.  The first push will deactivate the fill pump and activate the drain pump.  The second push will deactivate the drain tank. 

Got it thank you again for clearing it up for me. Very helpful! 

Just started wake surfing, love it but just have to master making the perfect wake. 

Edited by Mimt22

if you got a manual with your used boat , I highly recommend reading it and the pcm motor manual, wealth of knowledge , eorth the time

Ex tilting your cushions when boat is not in use is in there snd one of the best tips you can read

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 3:30 PM, Texan32 said:

No.  Push the button 1 time to turn on the FILL pump.  When the each of the tanks are full,  you hear/see water starting to puke out of the boat (3 or 4 locations if you have the bow Plug and Play).  Once each spot starts to puke water, push the corresponding button 2 times.  The first push will deactivate the fill pump and activate the drain pump.  The second push will deactivate the drain tank. 

Don't forget about this time you'll probably want to open the top vent on your rear sacks and ensure you don't have a huge air pocket - this will lead to more consistent weighting and a bigger wave.

Edited by MustGoFast
spelling
1 hour ago, MustGoFast said:

Don't forget about this time you'll probably want to open the top vent on your rear sacks and ensure you don't have a huge air pocket - this will lead to more consistent weighting and a bigger wave.

if he already has the vent hose installed by Axis, make sure its installed and he's GTG.  Otherwise, you are 100% correct.  Kinda odd how some boats with PNP connections have the vent and others dont. 

4 minutes ago, Texan32 said:

if he already has the vent hose installed by Axis, make sure its installed and he's GTG.  Otherwise, you are 100% correct.  Kinda odd how some boats with PNP connections have the vent and others dont. 

Yeah my bags always end up with a bubble at the top anyway so I unwind the vent to expose the hole and push the air out when they are like half full then close and wait for water to come out the sides :)

1 hour ago, MustGoFast said:

Yeah my bags always end up with a bubble at the top anyway so I unwind the vent to expose the hole and push the air out when they are like half full then close and wait for water to come out the sides :)

if your doing this and opening the hatch install a kinetic vent for watering system and no opening the port and possible though not advised that you don't have to even open the locker though i do