Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 WS 247 stereo

WGjames

Hey crew I have a new to me 2008 WS 247 with 4 Wet Sounds Revolution Series 10 inch HLCD Wakeboard Tower Speakers.  It looks like I have a stock kenwood deck and and two amps Ithink one goes to the sub and th other the entire boat.  I picked up a WS 420 and I am curious if I should run one amp to the owner speaker or do I need two?  I had the ws420 on a prior boat and I want the tower vs in boat volume ability.

If the recently acquired equipment was sourced from an authorized retailer, I would certainly enlist their help with the installation, setup and tuning. Its less about the physical number of amps and more about the number of of available amp chnls for all the driver, and the wattage. There are a number of 2 amp combinations that could driver tower speakers, a woofer and in-boats. What you need to do is determine specifically what amps you have, and what drivers they are powering, in order to properly configure the zone volume control.  

Looks like it is an ARC audio single amp.  Sub, towers, whole boat is running from the on amp which seems odd? KS900.6

IMG_20200823_110549.jpg

Most 5 and 6 chnl amps can be set up to function as 3 amps, so you can have 3 zone volume control. However, thats a lot of work one amp,  leaving tower speakers with a lot of untapped performance. Id consider installing a suitable amp dedicated to the tower speakers, then purpose the existing amp just to the in-boats and woofer. 

yeah thanks I think I'll do that they must have a lot of things tied together since there's only three sets of speaker wires going into the amp