Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 WS 247 locker latch

Does anyone have the part number for the 2008 LSV 247 engine cover locker latches from Perko?  I have one that looks ok but the latch pulls up before the panel.  Is does grip withing the assembly itself.  I took it apart and I see the o-ring but no other locking mechanism is there supposed to be a jam nut on the bottom?  The other one has works and does not have a nut?

@WGjames I just checked mine and although it doesn't look like it they are threaded in.

If I understand you correctly the handle pulls up and the latch is what is pulling the hatch open.

If so then someone probably stepped on the hatch with the handle in the closed position and the latch was resting on top of the metal frame. Happened to me on my second outing with a brand new boat. I can't remember exactly what I did but I will try to describe. I removed the latch, placed a hollow plastic tube (probably 1/2" pvc conduit or something I had laying around) about 1/2" long on the handle and then a nylon lock nut on the bolt to secure the plastic sleeve to the black housing then reattached the latch. You have to make the plastic sleeve small enough for the lock nut and the latch to fit on the end of the bolt. While I was at it I did both sides to help prevent it from happening again.

I'm too lazy to set up a hosting site for pics but PM me if you want a pic.

Thank you very clever idea.  I found a new latch and it was the one mentioned above and had the large outer plastic nut it was just burried in the fabric recess.