Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower lowering instructions - 07 VLX Illusion X

DMP1616

Hello, I recently purchased a 2007 Malibu VLX with the Illusion X tower and I was hoping to get some information on how to fold the tower. The owner's manuals doesn't address the tower in any shape or form and I can't find much on it. My tower has 2 piece of hardware on each side: 1 bolt that can be removed with an allen wrench and then what looks like a quick releases type pin with a ring on it. Can someone please help me out with proper instructions and any tips/tricks from your experience? Thanks much. 

Two people will make it easier...if you pull the two pins at the back of the tower, this will allow the front to lower beneath the windshield....folding it down to the lower position.

Mac

Make sure when you reinsert the pin. You twist it so the ring locks behind the lip in the opening. Mine had a tendency to work themselves out. 

Edited by Sparky450

Just to be clear, I do not remove the bolts with the allen wrench, correct? Do those bolts need to be loosened at all or just leave them in and pull the pins that are more rearward on the tower? Is that right? Thanks for your help, much appreciate as I am learning.