Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear LED lights on Malibu Wake Setter 23xti

Joshua78

Hello, I purchased new led lights for my 2007 Malibu Wake Setter 23 XTI and I cannot figure out how to install them. Taking off the old one was easy but then I cannot disconnect the actual led’s. It seems way to tight to get the new wires through. What do I need to do to get these new ones installed?  Any info would be greatly appreciated!

17 hours ago, Joshua78 said:

Hello, I purchased new led lights for my 2007 Malibu Wake Setter 23 XTI and I cannot figure out how to install them. Taking off the old one was easy but then I cannot disconnect the actual led’s. It seems way to tight to get the new wires through. What do I need to do to get these new ones installed?  Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Some photos of what lights you are uninstalling what issues you are running into would be helpful.  The quick answer is cut the wires pull the old lights out, install the new ones and put some water tight connectors where you connect the wires to the existing boat wires.

Great idea, I will take some pics and post as soon as I get home. It seams like I may have to take out seats and ballast tanks to get to the original connectors, which seems crazy for small led lights. But hopefully the pics will help you get me a good plan of attack. Appreciate the assistance.

On 8/20/2020 at 2:11 PM, Joshua78 said:

Great idea, I will take some pics and post as soon as I get home. It seams like I may have to take out seats and ballast tanks to get to the original connectors, which seems crazy for small led lights. But hopefully the pics will help you get me a good plan of attack. Appreciate the assistance.

Does the 2007 not have a little access panel that you can remove to get to the rear pump?... I would think that would give you access to the wires.

Morning “gregtay”, I cannot figure out how to attach photos from my phone, but the rest pump hatch interests me. Any help with location if that by chance? Thank you

1 hour ago, Joshua78 said:

Morning “gregtay”, I cannot figure out how to attach photos from my phone, but the rest pump hatch interests me. Any help with location if that by chance? Thank you

on a 2008 (which is a different boat than a 2007... so may not be there) there is a carpeted cover near the transom that is screwed in place.  You remove the screws and it comes off which gives you access to the pumps (and the inside of the transom outside of the stringers.)  Someone else who is more familiar with the 2007 and older hull will need to chime in.

11 hours ago, Joshua78 said:

Any idea where that access panel is? The wires of the new lights are only 6-8” long max.

That is normal... you pull the wires through the small hole then you splice them on to the wires in the boat.  The idea is to only pass bare wires through the transom, therefore reducing the size of the hole needed.  So you need to splice them into the boat wire once it it has passed through the transom.