Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Found this in the Bilge?

hawaiianstyln

Just found this in the bilge while cleaning.  Anyone have a clue what this is because I can't figure it out.

Approximately 2" wide X 0.5" thick, looks a little mangled on the inside.  It's not torn or ripped around the sides which suggest it popped straight off something.

IMG_5437.thumb.jpg.7d7b2bc28b1205e8c562447b109031f4.jpgIMG_5438.thumb.jpg.1e95c86edb211de4f00df60cfb42d70e.jpgIMG_5439.thumb.jpg.e7f8c766472716ba9d2a2b3d5533b9d8.jpg

Edited by hawaiianstyln

hmmmm PCV grommet I would think would be much smaller?  The measurements of what you sent are no where near the size of this thing.  It's about 1" off in diameter.  I measured the diameter of this thing and it is 1-1/8"

1 minute ago, hawaiianstyln said:

hmmmm PCV grommet I would think would be much smaller?  The measurements of what you sent are no where near the size of this thing.  It's about 1" off in diameter.  I measured the diameter of this thing and it is 1-1/8"

The napa link was just for a picture - not the exact part you would need

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

The napa link was just for a picture - not the exact part you would need

ahhh I figured!  I ordered a few intake plenum gaskets as seems hard to get to the PCV without just removing the plenum.  They arrive Friday and I will inspect the PCV and report back my findings.

3 minutes ago, lonestar said:

Trans mount bushing?

after google imaging transmission mount bushing, I think you are onto something!  where does that even mount?  If it comes off I don't even know what or if it would cause issues?

that is pretty much what it looks like @lonestar

Only thing I can think of is that the previous owner did hit a big stump and possibly did Trans work and this is one of the old bushings?

https://www.bakesonline.com/indmar-transmission-mount-bushing.html?ff=1&fp=3454&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrKvm4o6o6wIVUNbACh3Lug4PEAQYASABEgI7d_D_BwE

I added two photos of mine in above post. It was trashed and had to be replaced (at 500 hours). They are either side of the transmission bolted to the stringer frame. You can see in the photo that it is coming apart and split into two pieces. Not sure of cause as I bought the boat at 500 hrs. Yours probably split all the way and fell off? I'm pretty handy but those were difficult to access so I had dealer replace and re-align engine/trans/v-drive. I was having slight vibrations. If I remember correctly dealer charged $200-225.

Edited by lonestar
4 hours ago, lonestar said:

I added two photos of mine in above post. It was trashed and had to be replaced (at 500 hours). They are either side of the transmission bolted to the stringer frame. You can see in the photo that it is coming apart and split into two pieces. Not sure of cause as I bought the boat at 500 hrs. Yours probably split all the way and fell off? I'm pretty handy but those were difficult to access so I had dealer replace and re-align engine/trans/v-drive. I was having slight vibrations. If I remember correctly dealer charged $200-225.

interesting, I have no vibration (that I know) and engine is running smooth.  Also, the piece of rubber is not split anywhere.  I'm wondering if the previous owner had these mounts redone and the left them laying around and I never saw it till now.  I keep my boat very clean so I would have seen this.  I will see if I can check each mount tonight or tomorrow and validate.

just confirmed that it is missing the bottom bushing (transmission mount bushing) on the port side Engine mounts.  Looks like I need to order a new one.  Noticed no vibration last time I was out.  I imagine i'm good since the rubber piece on the top where the weight of the engine/transmission mainly is, that bushing is still good