Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1995 Sunsetter LX Dash

itsmitchmanson

Hello everyone!

Im wondering if anyone knows how to obtain a new dash cluster or get the existing one rebuilt for a 1995 Sunsetter LX. Our cluster has been dysfunctional for many seasons now, but in the last two we have had catastrophic failures that could have been avoided if we could have read the engine temp and oil pressure gauges. Corporate has no solutions for us and recommended I reach out here.
Any and all ideas would be extremely appreciated. 
Thank you,

The sender units are all common automotive output so you can source any number of gauge options to replace the original units.  Previous post has a good link.  Even a local auto parts store will carry gauges that will work.  Not exactly sure on the dash configuration, do you have individual small guages for oil / water/ fuel / volts or is it a 4 in 1?  Either are commercially available.

• 1 year later...

I have a 1995 Malibu Sun Setter that runs great.  Only issue is it seems to have fuel in the exhaust.  It has to be running rich.  Any suggestions? My mechanic wants to send the computer off to be looked at?

On 6/17/2022 at 1:21 PM, Georgia said:

I have a 1995 Malibu Sun Setter that runs great.  Only issue is it seems to have fuel in the exhaust.  It has to be running rich.  Any suggestions? My mechanic wants to send the computer off to be looked at?

Please create a new topic in the troubleshooting forum.  This thread is about old gauges.