Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dead Clarion radio/ CD

2004 wakesetter VLX with Clarion 475 radio.  Fairly new to Malibu.  Sound system was working great until boat got rained on at dock. Now radio and remote units are completely dead. SRC (off on button) has no effect.  Screen on head unit blank.  Was able to access the two fuses (15A and 1A) supplying power to the unit and both are hot on input and outlet side.  Shy of pulling the side panel off or radio out of its slot are there any other troubleshooting ideas out there?  Other than power supply not sure what else other than dead radio would result in no indication on the head unit.  Any ideas are appreciated

Can anyone tell me if a Clarion M505 is a direct replacement for the M475. Was hoping size and main plug is the same. 
thanks

12 minutes ago, Underdog01 said:

Can anyone tell me if a Clarion M505 is a direct replacement for the M475. Was hoping size and main plug is the same. 
thanks

IF your output is a 16 pin plug, then it should.  Standard EIA wiring.  However, your wired remotes may not (if you have them)  Older Clarion units use a 6 pin remote plug; the newer ones use an 8 pin (for the 505, you can use MW1,2 or 4 remotes)

Thanks for the feedback.  Per the manuals the 475 and 505 both are 16 pin.  Hoping they are the same connector fit wise. Manuals for each appear very similar relative to connections.   I have MW1 under dash and on stern but not sure how they both connect.  The 475 completely died after a rainstorm. Appears like no power but both supply fuses are passing power.  Guess ill be pulling the side panel and hope I find some problem but if not did find a source for a new 505.  Sound systems are a little foreign to me!