Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bluetooth on 2013 22MXZ

pawter1970

My Bluetooth has a humming sound and does not sound crisp at all, it's worst also when I turn the heater on,  wondering how I would be able to troubleshoot this and fix it, the SAT sounds great so it's not the amps or speakers issue. I am guessing the HU (RockFord Fosgate) has the bluetooth integrated so perhaps I should check the RCA's from the AUX outputs?

Edited by pawter1970
8 minutes ago, pawter1970 said:

Can someone please help me answer this:

Is the Bluetooth device integrated in the MTC and feed into the AUX input on the HU (RFX5000) through RCA's?

Depends on your system.  My MTC uses the aux for bluetooth, but I also have the bluetooth dongle for the HU.  When I use the HU bluetooth dongle instead of the MTC, my sound is much cleaner.

17 hours ago, hunter77ah said:

Depends on your system.  My MTC uses the aux for bluetooth, but I also have the bluetooth dongle for the HU.  When I use the HU bluetooth dongle instead of the MTC, my sound is much cleaner.

So your boat came with both? I have a feeling my boat only has the bluetooth on the MTC and it does not sound good at all

1 hour ago, pawter1970 said:

So your boat came with both? I have a feeling my boat only has the bluetooth on the MTC and it does not sound good at all

I bought it after the fact.  I think it was this one.  https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Quest-Audio-Video/292-101461.html?feed=npn&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvvj5BRDkARIsAGD9vlLC1LBwdvyL4zeu4IYbuPxWV_Rks2UjSBZMcgUu-wF8S-m1jvicuW4aAq-OEALw_wcB

Other benefit is that I can use my transom remote to skip tracks.