Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Malibu Command center restarting

2020 21 vlx (DELIVERED ON 13 May 2020- 75.2 hours)my command center and android screen will restart once i shut the engine off. Once it restarts it operates fine. the below stats are the volt readings at different times. I have checked all fuses and battery connections to include the box where all the batteries go in for the stereo connections. i have checked all the power module connections and the cat 6 connection from the power module to the screen and screen to the android screen. I was originally told from Malibu that the system will restart if the volts get lower than 11.5v  but mine will restart even at a higher voltage (12.1 -12.2). I had originally thought that it was maybe the alternator or even bad batteries but the voltages all seem fine and higher than the thresholds that Malibu is stating. I just had power module 1 replaced as my screen just blacked out. So I am curious if any one that has a newer boat has had these issue...yet or may have another thing to trouble shoot before I lose my new boat back to the dealer....again for more maintenance. Trying to figure out if my boat was built on a Friday and the assembly line was just trying to pump them out after the COVID break or if i have a lemon( as this is only one of MANY issues i have had on this new boat).

I appreciate any help that you guys can throw my way as this is extremely frustrating.

Latest stats dealing with screen issue that we discussed:

Upon turning killswitch on -
Dual starting volts 12.0
Batt 1-11.9v
Batt 2-12.0v
@ Alternator- when engine started - 14.6v
At idol ( dual)-14.1v
At idol batt 1-14.4v
At idol batt 2-14.3v

10 min of run time
Batt 1-12.7v
Batt 2- 12.5v
Dual - 12.6

Ran for about at hour —
12.2 at engine off -system recycle
-volts running for over an hour was at 14.1/2
When engine was shut off dual batt volt was at 12.0v

Final voltage at boat slip when engine off and system restarting was 12.0 ( 1st time) 12.2 (2nd time)

25 minutes ago, Jssolson1 said:

2020 21 vlx (DELIVERED ON 13 May 2020- 75.2 hours)my command center and android screen will restart once i shut the engine off. Once it restarts it operates fine. the below stats are the volt readings at different times. I have checked all fuses and battery connections to include the box where all the batteries go in for the stereo connections. i have checked all the power module connections and the cat 6 connection from the power module to the screen and screen to the android screen. I was originally told from Malibu that the system will restart if the volts get lower than 11.5v  but mine will restart even at a higher voltage (12.1 -12.2). I had originally thought that it was maybe the alternator or even bad batteries but the voltages all seem fine and higher than the thresholds that Malibu is stating. I just had power module 1 replaced as my screen just blacked out. So I am curious if any one that has a newer boat has had these issue...yet or may have another thing to trouble shoot before I lose my new boat back to the dealer....again for more maintenance. Trying to figure out if my boat was built on a Friday and the assembly line was just trying to pump them out after the COVID break or if i have a lemon( as this is only one of MANY issues i have had on this new boat).

I appreciate any help that you guys can throw my way as this is extremely frustrating.

Latest stats dealing with screen issue that we discussed:

Upon turning killswitch on -
Dual starting volts 12.0
Batt 1-11.9v
Batt 2-12.0v
@ Alternator- when engine started - 14.6v
At idol ( dual)-14.1v
At idol batt 1-14.4v
At idol batt 2-14.3v

10 min of run time
Batt 1-12.7v
Batt 2- 12.5v
Dual - 12.6

Ran for about at hour —
12.2 at engine off -system recycle
-volts running for over an hour was at 14.1/2
When engine was shut off dual batt volt was at 12.0v

Final voltage at boat slip when engine off and system restarting was 12.0 ( 1st time) 12.2 (2nd time)

Where are you getting these voltage readings, off the dash or with a real multimeter?

Once i sent them all the volt readings and the steps that i did for trouble shooting they just said that they would order a new power module. So a small victory i guess I am just hoping that that fixes it as i am tired of dealing with all these problems on a brand new boat.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with 2017 VLX Wake setter. Power just cuts off when sitting on lake with the radio on and engine off. Control Screen keeps rebooting did it 5 times last night. Was your problem solved?