Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surfgate and powerwedge issues - 2020 24MXZ

Hello everyone... we just bought our boat 3 weeks ago, and have put about 20 hours on it... we bought it used with 30 hours ...  we had the software updated at the dealer on Saturday..... later that afternoon, we took her out to the lake... I began to have a surfgate issue where it would not deploy.... I power cycled and it didn't do any good...... I finally figured out how to calibrate it... I calibrated, and have not had the issue since.... However, on Sunday afternoon, we were shooting across the lake and I started getting the high speed warning, saying my power wedge was down... it was not down..... I dismissed several times.... I also noticed the warning triangle next to the RPMs appear when the power wedge warning was displayed - It looks like those two warnings are tied together....  anyway, we did surf and I was able to deploy the PW... however, during the surf, the wedge indicator would run up and down the board - meaning, the display would show that it was on 2, then up to 4 , down to 1, up to 8, etc... I could tell that the wedge was not moving, based on the wake and the feeling of the drag....  after surfing a bit, and stowing the wedge, we continued across the lake with the power wedge warning popping up....   I did notice, after we had a cloud cover, the temperature dropped and the dashboard began to feel much cooler - it was SUPER HOT earlier in the day.... during the cooler time - I have very few, if any displayed warnings.......  I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience... could it be related to the new software update?  Could it be related to the dash temperature?  A power wedge sensor failure?  

I am taking it to the dealer to complete the warranty transfer process and will ask them to take a look at it, but would like to hear from others if they have had a similar experience.

I will say, after the software update, the stability of the radio has been MUCH BETTER, actually a non-issue!

Look forward to hearing about similar experiences.

Richard